A way to pull ABS codes?

supreme_style21

Is there a way to pull an ABS code? If so, how?

simple answer: ABS friendly scanner (snapon modis comes to mind)

more complex answer: OBD1 or 2? if 2, then snapon modis, if 1 then ground pin H* (at least I recall it as being H, verify that) and watch the flashout of the ABS light.

Warning: ABS codes only list the symptom, which are more often not the cause.

* = not all versions of the Kelsey Hayes 4WAL system or the GM delco versions support full diagnostics, your situation WILL vary.

mm.. that doesn't really help..

I've been wanting to find out why the ABS light is on for ages. (Though I'm pretty sure it's a bad wheel sensor.)

No money to buy a scanner.. so where is this pin H? In the ALDL connector? If that works, where do you look up the flashed sequence of codes?

mm.. that doesn't really help..

I've been wanting to find out why the ABS light is on for ages. (Though I'm pretty sure it's a bad wheel sensor.)

No money to buy a scanner.. so where is this pin H? In the ALDL connector? If that works, where do you look up the flashed sequence of codes?

what he said

Here's a link that I believe shows the connection to the "H":

http://autorepair.about.com/library/illustrations/bl315a-lib.htm

Awesome.. so all you do is cross those two and it flashes out the code?

thats the theory! ;-)

hint: its like an ecm in that it must sense the diag mode at startup: read key on, engine off

But as I said before, not all systems display all codes. Factory service manual should have them listed for your model. IF they are online I dunno, I have not gone lookin for em.