Exhaust

Dirty Rockstar

Would the exhaust off of a 95-99 Monte Carlo work on my 90 Lumina? I can't see why not.. Also, would there be any adverse effects to my removing the resinator (If it exists?) I am told that there's less of a raspy sound w/o the res... I am doing Dual Exhaust either way though..

never seen underneath a 95-up monte, so I don't know about that one. I deepsixed everything from the cat back...and we didn't even bother trying to make that restrictive U-bend over the back suspension. we routed the pipe right under the middle of the transverse monospring. ground clearance has been no problem at all and this way we could get a true Y-pipe for even dispersal to the twin Cherry Bombs we hung out back.

The muffler broke off my wifes cutlass cruiser a couple of months back...nothing there but the cat and about four foot of pipe. Her car has the 2.8MFI. It was a little loud at idle and when you first pulled off, but after that you could hardly tell the muffler was gone. I dont think dropping the resonator on your car will hurt a thing.

Coolness.. I might just opt for the y-pipe off of a Grand Prix of similar year.. Just because I KNOW it will fist.. And I plan to run as straight as possible from the cat to the y-pipe, then just branch off to 2 rumbly as all hell mufflers! :twisted: