Hello!!!!!! New Forum Member, 1993 Grand Prix SE

fierofanatic

Got the car back in October, 1993 Red Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.1, 4T60E, power moon roof, power driver seat, HUD, etc, pretty much loaded. Good car thus far, rear brakes are shit. Needs new rear calipers, a little over 100,000 miles. Been in an accident with previous owners, but was rebuilt right on the driver side (found mismatched vin numbers on the body panels after I bought it, quarter, door, and fender, plus broken glass in the seat track) I think for right now, I'm not gonna try upgrading to the newer style calipers because its too cold out, and really don't have any money. Anyone got a pair of rear calipers that they would sell me? Or donate to me, that aren't fried, and that should last for a while I hope?

I also own a 1984 Pontiac Fiero SE, converted to a 2.8 v6 by me, but I hope it'll eventually get a 350 sbc that I bought, its still torn apart, and slowly being restored, I'm also trying to adapt a 4th generation power steering rack from a 2000 f-body. I'm also 17,and live in sub-arctic Michigan

Cool, welcome.

That rear brake swap is a direct bolton swap, if ya goin thru brakes quick, might wanna goto carbon metallic for $35 from autozone. they just wear out rotors very quickly.

-Jeff

welcome on board! I'm pretty new to the site myself, but already everyone has great response and are a wealth of helpful info...think you're gonna like it here...good luck with the new ride, sounds like a nice one.