Lambo Doors....

KRH20

I guess its one of those sensitive web pages that doesnt like outside links...oh well.

Yeah I've heard anywhere up to $8,000, its a dream project so it would be something I would do via lottery or some large inheritence I stumble upon...lol

You would have to strengthen up the door jams for one. You would probably need like a hydraulic pump set up (like what holds up our hoods on our cars), so the door wouldn't slam down on you when you got in. It would probably only work on a hard top, because of the extra strength.

That makes me think of how I wish the Convert. was manuf. with a hardtop...partly so people who dont know any better wont try to get out of the backseat a la 50's and crack the hydraulic piston on my conv. but that's another issue... :bash:

Yeah it was a good thought while it lasted...

I think a good kit cost $2500 for th kit...

I wouldnt use an ebay kit.....the real kits come with more than just a heng kit..

theirs a whole unit witch moves the door out and then raises it up... if you got the henges I think any good lowrider or custom shop could instal it for you(it would be atleast a grand to do all the weilding and paint touch up tho.....

when it all boils down its not worth spend 2-8 grand on a $2500 car

You would have to strengthen up the door jams for one. You would probably need like a hydraulic pump set up (like what holds up our hoods on our cars), so the door wouldn't slam down on you when you got in. It would probably only work on a hard top, because of the extra strength.

your doors arnt that heavy (compared to my 88 maro's) you probably wouldnt end up strenghthening the door jams. You would need to make fiberglass or (if you have the money) carbon fiber door skins. You will probably end up with the same problem my car has is that the door will hit the piller when going up, you need to make the door pop open a little before it goes up.

I'll email you a powerpoint that will explain some of this.

Why the Fuck would you want to put "lambo" doors on a cutty ??????

....most of those kits out there regardless of price, won't give you true lambo doors anyway.....they will look like it to the average joe, but they function/close/open totally different.....

Unless your car is some kind of "SHOW" car only I wouldn't even bother putting Lambo doors on. Even if you strengthen up the door jams they will never live up to everyday use. Eventually it will all start to sag and misalign. Seen it happen on at least 5 cars already.

Not only do I think that would be a complete waste of time, (if completed), but also a waste of money, and a waste of effort. There are about a million better mods you could focus on.

Lambo doors don't belong on these cars. Just my opinion....