Cutlass shift knob in a GP

Heza

i was wondering if i took a leather shift knob out of a '94 Cutlass, would it work on a '94 GP? id assume it does because it connects the same way, but i just wanna make sure. there's one on eBay that im gonna go after if i can get a decent enough answer. thanks...

i was wondering if i took a leather shift knob out of a '94 Cutlass, would it work on a '94 GP?

Yes, because the shifter assembly size is the same.

I was able to slap on a 1997+ GP shifter unto my 1992 Cutlass without any hassle.

- Erik

you can basically put any shifter off of any gm onto your car, they should fit, auto shifter that is, ive a the shifter knob off of a 97 grand am gt...its nice...thought id add my two cents..just pull out the little pin and pop the other one back on

i was wondering if i took a leather shift knob out of a '94 Cutlass, would it work on a '94 GP? id assume it does because it connects the same way, but i just wanna make sure. there's one on eBay that im gonna go after if i can get a decent enough answer. thanks...

***If you don't win that one let me know I have a cherry spare one I could let you have

Tom K6TC***

you can basically put any shifter off of any gm onto your car, they should fit, auto shifter that is, ive a the shifter knob off of a 97 grand am gt...its nice...thought id add my two cents..just pull out the little pin and pop the other one back on

Where is this 'pin'? I want to take appart my center console, to repair/clean it properly, but am unsure as to how get the top of the shifter off. Because there is no other way the console comes off other than sliding off the shifter, via the shifter knob.

Thanks

D

Where is this 'pin'? I want to take appart my center console, to repair/clean it properly, but am unsure as to how get the top of the shifter off. Because there is no other way the console comes off other than sliding off the shifter, via the shifter knob.

Thanks

D

the pin is a U-shaped pin and it is located near the base of the shifter on the front facing the dash. cant miss it, just pull it out and the shifter slides off.