True stock hp?

94SLSDOHCUTT94

I want to know the true stock hp of my '94 3.4 DOHC. I've read specs on this car and on a few different pages too. They all said the same thing 210hp/215lbs of torque. The 5-speed gives it 215hp. Thats what all the sites said and I'd just like to know for sure, you never know the credibility of some of those websites/webmasters. I figure someone here will know for sure, no better place to go for info on a w-body than a site called w-body. lol

Correct, the following numbers are for the automatic version of the 3.4L DOHC V6.

The 1991 - 1993 DOHC's were rated @ 200hp / 210hp at the crank.

The 1994 - 1997+ DOHC's were rated @ 210hp / 215ft/lbs at the crank.

- Erik

Cool, thanks. Do they still make the 3.4 DOHC V6 today? For some reason Im under the impression they dont, I dont know why. The '00 GP's with the 3.4 SFI are rated at 170hp. What the hell did they do with the DOHC? and if it's still around, why isn't it as powerful as it used to be?

The only reason I mentioned the "00 GP is because I was looking for a chip one day and came across a site called ASE and they had chips for an '00 GP with the 3.4L. I'm almost positive it said that, but if you're sure I will chalk it up to bad memory.

Correct, the following numbers are for the automatic version of the 3.4L DOHC V6.

The 1991 - 1993 DOHC's were rated @ 200hp / 210hp at the crank.

The 1994 - 1997+ DOHC's were rated @ 210hp / 215ft/lbs at the crank.

- Erik

Actually I think these are the "correct" numbers. But the truth of the matter is the numbers are pretty damn shady.

**91-93 3.4 DOHC (auto) 200HP 215lbs torque

**91-93 3.4 DOHC (5sp) 210Hp 215lbs torque

**94-95 3.4 DOHC (auto) 210HP 215lbs torque

**96-97 3.4 DOHC (auto) 215HP 215lbs torque

Actually I think these are the "correct" numbers. But the truth of the matter is the numbers are pretty damn shady.

93GTP, thanks for the pick up... I knew mine were close. :D

- Erik

97 is the last year, not 96. The RPM would be important to note, not just peak numbers. The 96/97 made 5 more hp with hp starting about 1000 rpm later in the powerband best I remember. Tons of changed in 96 explains it.

ok..but what is the actual HP

I know what all the reports say...but I've still to see a dyno

all the dyno's that I've seen put it under 200

Probably b/c the 200/210/215 figures are rated at the crank, not at the front tires. You will lose some HP due to friction and just the general motion of parts.

I am not sure of the true hp but I've seen some people posting that the hp was rated at the crank! I find this hard to believe because I have three W's and although my 96 cutty is a sweet ride the 3100 is a slug. 2nd my 92 5 spd z34 will outrun my 98 intrigue which I know has a 200 hp 3800!

better believe it cause thats how they are rated. What is hard to believe about a 160 hp 3100 being slower than a 200 hp 3800, which is slower than a 210 hp DOHC mated to a 5 speed. All makes sense to me.