new turbo

kadoi

All right guys...i didnt have to sell my car and all that was the matter with it was the starter. Now I have this T04B42 turbo sitting around and i want to put it on the car but i dont know if it is possible. I know i would need a new flange to bolt it to but i dont know anything else. Please help becuase im looking ot get this done within a month. Thanks

Guest TurboSedan

i would guess besides a new flange on the crossover pipe, it would need new oil & coolant lines, a custom support bracket, and a custom downpipe at least.

i'd like to get rid of the T25 too. i have a 2nd T25 that i might upgrade to a T25/T28, and also a 2nd crossover pipe that may get a different flange if i decide to go T3/T4. i've been wondering how my Garrett T03 turbo would do on a 3.1. it's the turbo for my intercooled/turbo II 2.2L Dodge 4cyl, but it's a whole lot bigger than the T25...

joshua

I want a new turbo, i just dont know where to start, i mean i guess the bolt pattern is pretty weird on the TGP...I have asked for help before but havent gotten much...I pretty much wanna just hand someone cash and have them make me something that will work! :D

Well if he can make u some sort of custom flange for a bigger turbo then let me know, i am sure if he can do it once, it should be a hell of a lot easier to make a second one. Let me know!

you can buy flanges to weld onto your crossover..or just have another crossover made up if you're serious about doing a turbo upgrade.....a ball bearing GT28R would be a decent upgrade from the stock T25..and it should bolt right up since it uses the standard T2 flange if I'm remembering right.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-002&Category_Code=GRT

EDIT: you're probably going to want to get a custom tune done somewhere if you do change turbos though, along with fuel system upgrades...

• 2 weeks later...

i am thinking that the t-25 is to replace the factory unit? mine is block stock and needs 1.but in the same sentance i got water in the oil, so i have 2 stumble points here,i my be in the market for a stock turbo for mine do you know what my options are for this situation? :?

• 2 weeks later...

T04B would be a BAD choice of turbo's for this car. I would suggest a T3 or a T3/T4. the t4 turbo is just to big for this little engine. the x-over is only 1.75" each and the heads flow like ass from what i hear. it would take a long time to spool pluss you would have to move the battery to make room for the T4 physically. A good combination of sizes/trim on a t3 or a t3/t4 would make a far better choice.

RedZ