w-body interchangeability

Bizzo

Hey guys...I'm getting some money within the next couple weeks to get a new car...not too much money prolly like 2g's or so...anyways I want another w-body... if i get one will i be able to use some of the parts off my lumina...mainly brake parts(rear calipers,rotors & pads), alternator, and anything else that may be worth salvaging. Thinking about getting a prix or maybe another lumi anyways if i stuck with like a '90-93 would i be alright?

if you get a 94+ you wouldn't want to keep the old brakes anyway :P

fricken POS first gen w-body brakes :evil:

new rotors + front brakes = $91 for "Auto Extra" :lol: I figure I got about 2 months/8000km before they need to be changed

Yeah...you can get them pretty cheap but mine was in such good condition for it's age i want something euivalent if not better. With the brakes though i know the rear brakes seize easily but i've yet to had trouble myself and where i live a working e-brake is a necessity :)

I got my 93 Lummie for $2300...it was one of the better bargains I ran across while I was car shopping...the body is straight, the paint is still shiny,the interior is great except for the dashpad around the defroster vent. Its got 112k on the clock and runs great...plus the guy had just had a new a/c compressor installed and switched the system over to R134a...I looked at a couple of sweet GP's for about the same money but I didn't want a four door.I passed on a Z34 for $1900...the body was straight but the windshield had a HUGE crack in it and the odometer said 175k...that scared me off of that one...there's probably one out there for ya...I found all those in a 3day weekend. good hunting!