picture request....

no1kicker

Anyone have a closeup pic of the 89 radio. Specifically, the cassette part with the 7 buttons on it. Or, if anyone could tell me the order those buttons are in that would be great too. Thanks!

Anyone have a closeup pic of the 89 radio. Specifically, the cassette part with the 7 buttons on it. Or, if anyone could tell me the order those buttons are in that would be great too. Thanks!

Here's the best I could come up with:

fa360721.jpg

fa360723.jpg

The buttons are: FWD, REV, SEEK, PROG, (Dolby symbol), Cr02, EJCT

thanks for the pics guys, helps a lot. Didn't want to put those buttons in the wrong order! :oops: My radio is turning into a hackjob: the 90 radio part with aht 89 cassette in it, and some cutting.

Hey bluegp, is that a prototype rendering of a GP in your sig? Looks awesome.

For an answer, refer to: http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8269&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

90TGP, was that your car that was at the Chili's cruise in Boardman this summer? If so, it's nice to see that a fellow enthusiast is near by.

Hyeboy, I like the new sig pic (of the 6000) -- looks good with those wheels.

my cassette took a crap and I had an 89 one laying around. Thought about just swapping the radio and cassette but it would require changing the dash.

Also, hyeboy, what kind of wheels are those?

Hyeboy, I like the new sig pic (of the 6000) -- looks good with those wheels.

Thank you, sir! :D

Also, hyeboy, what kind of wheels are those?

They're Montross Motorsports. I bought them a good 6-7 years ago from Discount Tires back when I had my '86 STE, and have long since been discontinued. I'm usually not a big fan of after-market wheels, but these went really well with the car. Not to flashy, but made the car MUCH more aggresive looking in appearance than the stock rims (which were the same ones found on the Tran Sport). These are flat 5-stars that suit the straight lines of the car nicely. The pictures don't really do it justice. I've gotten so many complements on them, even though they're not fancy "bling-bling" wheels. They only cost me $105 a piece for the 16". I went to several places that were charging more than that for much uglier 15" American Racing Rims. I've got Kelly Road Hugger 225/55/16s on them. They look pretty freigin' huge on that narrow car. That, together with the obnoxiously loud, throaty rumble of the Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler, certainly distains some of the dogma associated with this "family car". :shock: