Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers

4PASNU

I'm going to get new mufflers soon and I'm trying to decide between Magnaflow's and Dynomax Ultra Flo's. I've already heard the Magnaflow's thanks to LukeZ34's contribution to another post. So, does anyone have a sound clip of the Ultra Flo's on a TGP?

the ultraflows are probably going to sound nearly identical, a low/deep growl is most likely what they produce..go for em'..get the welded ones(cheaper and I've read they flow slightly more..or if you're going for looks and longetivity go for the stainless ones) :wink: ..the ultraflows are one of the best flowing mufflers around from all the tests I've seen and are really good mufflers for turbo cars, a lot of guys I know use them on turbocharged cars, they're pretty quiet on the cars I've heard but sound good.

Guest TurboSedan

dang, i only have a soundclip of an Ultra-Flo on my GTSs turbo 2.5 (welded,oval), but i am definately going with this muffler with my TGP engine also. if anyone has a soundclip of this muffler on a turbo 3.1 that would be great.

joshua

Well if you like the sound of the Magnaflows, get them. There are no better flowing mufflers. As for the sound, they are supposedly very similar sounding, but I think the quality on the Magnaflows are is bit better than that of Dynomax. Magnaflow don't stamp any of their mufflers together, they all use a big heavy bead of weld, a thick gauge metal casing, and even with aluminized Magnaflow's they still have the stainless steel internals.

magnaflow_inside.jpg