blown head gasket

kfahn

how devestating is this? What cost to repair if I'm not doing it?

I dont think u mentioned the motor, but if a 3.1:

10 hrs in and out all the way to the heads. $50 intake gasket regardless of gen2 or gen 3, about $100 more in head and incidental gaskets, $30 for head bolts (you CANNOT use them over) and about $75 to have the heads cut and cleaned (this can go up if there is damage), oil , coolant - Id say budget $1000 to get it done right at a place not all that metropolitan

Yeah, his motor is a 3100, so the same procedure as 3.1L, and Im with quaddriver on this, for a head gasket job, bet on $1000, and you better go ahead and do both gaskets while you're down there. If it were me, I'd save $900 or so and do it myself, its not really that bad, IMO

Yeah, his motor is a 3100, so the same procedure as 3.1L, and Im with quaddriver on this, for a head gasket job, bet on $1000, and you better go ahead and do both gaskets while you're down there. If it were me, I'd save $900 or so and do it myself, its not really that bad, IMO

:werd: