Car Weight Research, please post some easy to find info

Vegeta

On the driver door there should be a sticker with the weight of your vehicle. What I want to do is get a list of these weights with the year, make, model, engine, trans, number of seat belts.

What I have so far:

92 grand prix se coupe non B4U DOHC 5 speed 5 seatbelts = 4314 lbs

92 cutlass coupe SL DOHC auto 5 seatbelts = 4366 lbs

96 cutlass sedan 3100 auto 5 seatbelts = 4370 lbs

Now, from what I have read you sutract 180 per seatbelt to get the car's actual weight. I dunno if its accurate but im just collecting the sticker weights for now.

1994 Cutlass Supreme LS Sedan 3100 ATX

6 Seatbelts (if you include the one in the middle up front) -> 4421lbs

yea now i know why my car is slow :o (Power to weight ratio ~ 1:20)

However, if the seatbelt thing is right...she weighs 3341lbs

Online sources tell me that my car weighs: 3405lbs

so i guess the seatbelt subtraction is reasonable...just maybe a little too much? :?

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_Exterior.aspx?modelid=2449&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=3

wtf? they have the auto weighing less than the manual..can that be right?

anyways, you guys are obviously stating the GVWR rating of the vehicle, not the actual weight..because that is what is listed on the door stickers :wink:

GVWR = "Gross Vehicle Weight Rating refers to the maximum loaded weight of a vehicle, including fuel, fluids, and full payload." meaning the weight of the car + what it can tow/haul as far as I know. 8)

edit: if you've never read this, then it explains the weight thing..lol http://www.wecamp2.com/weight.html

Yeah, thats what it is, but I dont think it refer to what it "can" do but rather what it weighs with full fluids and an average person in every seat. 180 pounds is said average weight.

Yeah, thats what it is, but I dont think it refer to what it "can" do but rather what it weighs with full fluids and an average person in every seat. 180 pounds is said average weight.

I understand, and with the 180lb method, it works out about even with the weights listed at most online sources.

forgot to post my #'s ..btw, are you only wanting 60* cars?

1993 Grand Prix SE coupe 3.1/auto 4209lbs 5 seatbelts BYP package also...

2001 Grand Prix GTP sedan 3.8/auto 4518 lbs and 5 seatbelts

i can sort through them later, i just want the W bodies which is why i posted here. This started on 60v6 in a BS thread about 'post something about the dork above you" so I brought it here as a decent thread.

I find it hard to believe a 3.1 convertible can handle more weight than a 3.4 DOHC coupe.