I wish 2nd gear didn't suck so much ass!

Nick1234

Ok so i was driving around a lot with my friends this weekend, and they consistantly can kick my ass in any race. Its great when a base, 4 cylinder honda accord and a 2003 dodge neon beat you. I always do good till 35, then she shifts, and the car falls on its face. I hate it! It sucks like hell. Oh well, hopefully i can sell her in this comming summer.

Nick

The new cars have some serious power!!!

A good freind of mine thinks that his wife's '03 Accord V-6 could probably easily outrun the "massaged" V-8 in his Camaro (sold)!!!!

Unless you want to put a chip or some custom programming into it, then you will be beat by todays "econobox's".

The cool thing is though, when our cars keep up with or beat new cars. That is something to be happy about. i took a 2003 civic and a 99 maxima(from a roll) and all cars are stock. Not bad for a 10 yr old car with pms.

See the thing is with my 3.1, i hold my own till 35 mph. When i race the neon, and the integra, and the accord, i am actually winning, i am winning all the way through 1st, but then, she shifts to second, which is such a tall gear (35-70mph) i lose. I know what you mean though canadian badass, if i had a 3.8 in say an impala or monte carlo, i would spank their ass all day long, but they are running little 4s.

when my car stopped throwing code 43, and before it got fat, I'd own any Neon or Civic I saw on the road :lol: the only Neon I had a slight amount of trouble with had turbo on it.

1st and 2nd on the DOHC are done pretty good in the Auto... not as good as they should, but decent, and third is.... adequate... 1st goes to 70, 2nd goes to 140, 3rd will probably go to 210, it's not really the gears at that point, it's that now, aero dynamics are now making a difference...