Which CD player should I get?

5speedz34

it's your choice man i honestly have a thing for sony head units....but they both have about the same features...except the sony is full color and doesn't have an interal amp the 52 x4 statement on ebay is bs....so unless you wanna buy an extrenal amp go with the pioneer...also sonys do not read scratched cds very well...i'd go with the sony myself and buy an external amp..but thats my opinion...it's up to you the sony will cost you prolly 100 to 200 more in the end for the external amp...so if you got the money and really wanna color screen go for it...otherwise get the pioneer it's a damn good reciever too

I've had nothing but good luck with my Pioneer head units, and nothing but trouble from the once sony head I bought. I've also had problems with my sony ps2, maybe pioneer should enter the console market...

So I'm voting Pioneer.

PIONEER! I think that my Pioneer 3400(2002) (3500- 2003 model) is the best sounding head unit for what I paid, 165 for kit and adapter and shipping off of ebay. Sonys don't have as good quality and I don't think they really put out the wattage they claim they do.

I like my pioneer which is now for sale on ebay. I am going back to the stock look. I had an Xplod cd player that was stolen out of my car and i think it put out better sound than my pioneer. I have the 3500 pioneer. The only reason why i would say pioneer is better is because you have more control over which sound goes to which speakers.

sony had a bad line of car audio pre-2002...they're new stuff seems a lot better in my opinion...but yeah pioneers are indestructable i have a pioneer right now...my sony got stolen...it sounded a little better then the pioneer due to the higher power output...but like i said earlier about the sony now actually havin an amp in it...so go for the pioneer

lol and for the video game comment...i think sony does nice with consoles in games and technology but god damnit maybe pioneer should make the cd drive in em cause it won't read shit...i can put a almost perfect dvd or cd in it and they freakin skip...old sony cd players do the same but the new ones have better lasers i've heard...i want the sony cause it's so purty though...if only i had money

Sony's portable CD players in general are well made, but they don't read shit. If Sony and Panasonic made a hybrid, where the Sony body was merged with Panasonic's laser and error correction, and the Sony motor and drive mechanism, you'd have a really nice portable CD player. Sony has decent build quality, but Panasonics play just about any disc I throw at them.

Go with the Pioneer. My mom has a Sony X-Plod unit, and my friend has a Pioneer. Hands down, go with the Pioneer, it has the better sound quality and it reads just about anything.