how do you open a door...

Bolt_Crank

that has no working latch mechanisms? my door handle broke, which was fine.... but then my dad tried "fixing it" and now my fucking drivers door doesn't fucking open :evil: the inside latch doesn't work either :evil: :evil:

Get some very fine tipped and long (long is a must) needle nose pliers.

Pull the door handle on the outside, shine a flashlight in there and you will see an arm of the lock/door latch actuator. There will be two, the one nearest the outside controls the lock, but the one on the inside controls the door latch. Take the pliers and push down on that. You don't need to grab anything, just push it down and it will trip the latch and let you in. It'll take a few tries, but it works. You can choose to keep it that way, or fix it later, your call, but I'm guessing that its a spring clip that broke which is making your inner latch not work. To fix that take off the door panel, and its toward the top of the door, about 8-10" from the ass end of the door.

As for the handle, I imagine everyone here hsa dealt with that, and you know the drill.

Hope it helps. -Ben

lol...ouch...i tried to adjust the hinges on mine once and it got stuck closed cause it wouldn't go past the fender...a crowbar and a few paint chips later i got it open...i bent the fender back into place but it has a few paint chips on it now that look like shit...oh by the way with your door troubles my passanger door didn't open from the outside when i got it...after taking the door panel apart i found a rod fell out of place and put it back it but after i opened the door once it fell back out...what sucks is they use these little plastic clips to hold the rods in place...it snapped on but didn't feel like it would hold very well...but no wonder people have so many door porblems with w-bodies