Help Please...Long

topless94style

So lately, I have been having problems with my remote starter. During the cold weather, I let the car run for 10 minutes or so in the mornings. After 10 or 12 minutes the automatic shutoff on the starter shuts the car off. When this happens, the battery is drained and i cant start the car again. This leads me to believe that for some reason the alternator is not charging. BUT, if i get out there before it auto shuts off and get the key in, everything inside turns on, and it never shuts off. The charge is usually just above 13, sometimes below with the heat, lights, rear defrost and with the car just ideling. But when i start going the voltage increases.

This past monday, i started my car at work with the remote start. About 5 minutes later when i get to my car it was off. The battery had no power to start the car. Which im guessing could have been helped out by the 0 degree weather. Everythign else works, just not enough to even move the starter.

Ever since then, after driving my car for usually short trips and then shuting it off to go inside the store, i come back out and try and start the car and nothing. Just a click. Each time this happens, the third or fourth time the engine turns over and starts.

I drove the car to the dentist today, after 45minutes, i come back out and it does what i just described above. I drove to Mcds down the road, ate and that lasted 20minutes. Car started right up no prob. I go home park it in the street lock the doors. An hr later i go to my car to leave for work. Remote start doesnt start the car. But it turns the lights on, the radio, and the antenna goes up. The doors do not unlock. My key does not turn the lock in the doors or the trunk. Tried ALOT of wd 40 but does not work. I have tried to unlock the doors with my remote and my spare remote and the wont unlock. Even when i hit the button to lock the car, you cant hear the lock motors turn on which they usually do. the keyless entry remote that came with the car is inside the car.

SO, now my car sits in the street with a drained battery and no way to get in. The battery is only 3 months old from Sears.

Me and my dad agree that it may be my alarm messing up or something causing this shit to happen. I also suspect alt.

One more thing, tonite when i was sprayin the wd40, there was a buzzing noise coming from under the hood. Best heard from the front driver side tire. I have no idea what it is, but its a buzzing noise and this just may be draining my battery. i tried the remote start while listening to the buzz, and it slowed down while the remote start tried to turn the starter. Oh yea, and now the battery seems to have enough juice to just barely crank the engine, but the locks still dont unlock.

Ideas please.

Ideas please.

Im thinkin that the remote starter is arming the pilot circuit to run the ECM, BUT the ign switch in the column has multiple positions and you are not senging a reference voltage to the alt to tell it to charge.

Get a schematic specific to your car to see what is up, you may need another relay enabled by the remote starter that sends battery voltage to the 'ref' terminal on the alt.

Well, once i can get into my car and get it running, its going back to Best Buy who installed it, and they are going to fix it. I dont have a plan on it because i got a deal through a guy who worked there. He doesnt any more, but they will fix this problem. But what i dont understand is if the battery has enough juice to even attempt to crank the engine, turn the lights on, radio on, and put the antenna up, why cant it unlock the doors.

Well, once i can get into my car and get it running, its going back to Best Buy who installed it, and they are going to fix it. I dont have a plan on it because i got a deal through a guy who worked there. He doesnt any more, but they will fix this problem. But what i dont understand is if the battery has enough juice to even attempt to crank the engine, turn the lights on, radio on, and put the antenna up, why cant it unlock the doors.

he may have used the wrong type of hookup for the power locks and is effectively shorting the lock switch. Id go over the entire install

I am gonna call the cops tomorrow see if they can unlock my car for free or something. If not its AAA to the rescue. Then, im going to best buy and they are going to fix this shit. I dont know how to install a remote starter/alarm and frankly after seeing the wires i dont want to try and figure it out in the freezing weather.

Why doesn't your key work? Is the lock screwed up? It can't be related to the remote start.

I know of one way you can get into that convertible..............

RRRRIIIIIPPPPP!!!! That top is no match for a good utility knife. :joke:

i could get in your car for free if i lived closer it is easy once you see how the mecanizims work you can get in

i have a locksmith set with simmy jimmys

wish i could help ya

you might beable to find one at a local tool outlet like cummins tool

Why doesn't your key work? Is the lock screwed up? It can't be related to the remote start.

I was talking to a friend who drives a 96 Z28. He said when he bought his car the same thing happened to him. The remotes worked but the key wouldnt turn any of the locks on the car. He sprayed alot of wd40 until he got it to work, but he also said that the reason it happens is because alot of people do not use the key to unlock the car when they have keyless entry. In which case the lock gets rusted and just sticks and wont work. I dunno wtf im gonna do and the top is not an option. :wink:

AAA came, the door is open and the battery is charged the car is running. I cant get it into best buy until Dec 29 at 10am. The alarm remote does not unlock or lock the doors anymore. The locks work when i hit the button on the door, and the stock keyless remote locks and unlocks the doors. the only thing i dont understand is what the hell that buzzing noise come from the engine compartment was.

I was talking to a friend who drives a 96 Z28. He said when he bought his car the same thing happened to him. The remotes worked but the key wouldnt turn any of the locks on the car. He sprayed alot of wd40 until he got it to work, but he also said that the reason it happens is because alot of people do not use the key to unlock the car when they have keyless entry. In which case the lock gets rusted and just sticks and wont work. I dunno wtf im gonna do and the top is not an option. :wink:

I don't think I've ever honestly used the key to get in my car :?

I don't think I've ever honestly used the key to get in my car :?

:lol: I've used mine once on each side just to see if they worked. Not to change the subject but have you guys ever had someone playing with your window fucking around and theres nothing you can do because our cars don't have window locks? What car with power windows doesn't have a lock honestly.

so i figured out what the buzzing noise is. after not having this problem for a day it came back tonite. i think it is the lock motors getting stuck, possibly frozen after i washed my car? when this buzzing noise is one, the locks wont lock or unlock. When i press the unlock button, the buzzing stops and nothing happens. WHen i press the lock button, the buzzing continues and the interior lights come on. I have no idea what thats about. If i manualy move the lock on the door i hear a grinding noise like the gears are grinding. Again, the lock wont move by pressing the button on the door, nore will it when using the keyless entry remote. I messed around with it some more when i got home to make sure the buzzing stopped so next time i went out to my car it would work. I think maybe the lock motors are going out? But in both doors at the same time? Could the alarm still be messing this up? Because before the alarm would not unlock or lock the doors when i first posted this. But it did for the first time tonite. Man if anyone knows anythings its appreciated.