good rate on towing

kfahn

what would a good rate on towing a car roughly 140 miles be?

Depends on if its done using a wheel lift or roll backed. If its your grand

prix I'd go roll backed, usually for an average trip 30-40 miles I'd say

$100-$125 for roll back, 140 miles is probably gonna cost ya more

probably $175 or more, shop around though it definately pays to.

Save yourself a ton of money and sign up for AAA.

I don't know if the packages are the same in the US (we have CAA), but here I can be towed up to 200km (max 3 times per year), get lockout services (needed that one this week actually, when I mistakenly left the keys in the ignition and hit the door lock on my way out of the car), etc.

Our whole family is signed up. The first person is like $90 or something, and then it gets progressively cheaper (down to $50-60) for each additional driver. When we first did it I thought "why is it so cheap? is it a scam? shit, they must make no money", but they basically get membership dues from 50,000 people (for ex.), and if only 10% ever use it, then they are up a ton of money (just like the insurance companies, they collect premiums and pay out very little). Best thing I think I have ever done for my car (no worry about having cash with me for a ridiculously expensive tow should I have a breakdown; if its bloody cold out and I don't want to lose a finger to frostbite should I happen to get a flat then they will do it; etc.). Pretty good deal for peace of mind.