Performance Brakes on a 1st Gen

Amanita

I've got another possible track date coming up, and I'm starting to push the limits of the EBC Redstuff pads I've been running for the past 6 track days plus 35,000+ miles on the street. I'm looking for something more aggressive since this isn't my daily driver anymore. EBC offers a direct upgrade in braking performance with their yellowstuff pads, but I've heard people say they're not the best brand.
Any recommendations for pads?
Additionally, has anyone used Bosh 5.1 or Motul RBF 600/660 brake fluid?

11 hours ago, Amanita said:

I've got another possible track date coming up, and I'm starting to push the limits of the EBC Redstuff pads I've been running for the past 6 track days plus 35,000+ miles on the street. I'm looking for something more aggressive since this isn't my daily driver anymore. EBC offers a direct upgrade in braking performance with their yellowstuff pads, but I've heard people say they're not the best brand.
Any recommendations for pads?
Additionally, has anyone used Bosh 5.1 or Motul RBF 600/660 brake fluid?

Cooling ducts pointed towards the back center of the rotor (essentially at the hub) will be the most helpful. Hard to do on a front wheel drive car that isnt an all out race car (to where you can put an inlet hole or naca duct wherever you please 🙂 ) Also remove the dust shields.

Ive used motul race fluid extensively. No issues with it. 

As far as pads for our caliper I do not know who makes performance pads that fit - but pagid, hawk (blue), carbotech all are good race pads.  Im sure for track days EBC are fine - I do not know of and have not seen anyone using ebc in actual racing (but im also not inspecting cars or asking people about brake pads at the race track lol ) 

Use plain cast iron rotors and not drilled or slotted or anything silly like that. 

Cooling. Cooling. Cooling. 

1 hour ago, SuperBuick said:

Ive used motul race fluid extensively. No issues with it. 

As far as pads for our caliper I do not know who makes performance pads that fit - but pagid, hawk (blue), carbotech all are good race pads.  Im sure for track days EBC are fine - I do not know of and have not seen anyone using ebc in actual racing (but im also not inspecting cars or asking people about brake pads at the race track lol )

Good to know that Motul fluids work fine, thanks!
As for pads, YellowStuff seem to be the most performance oriented ones readily available, I've had one guy tell me they did perfectly fine on a 24 hours of lemons car and another tell me they got burned out after 2 track days. I might go with them anyway, I'm only 15 minutes out from the track I'm at so if I have to tow or do a hasty repair, oh well lesson learned.

My version of the front brakes looks like this
Disc  300mm         Opel Astra-J            GM 13502051
Caliper  2-piston  45mm      Opel Antara / Chevrolet Equinox    GM 96625936 - left         GM 96625937 - right

wWtpP_lAPUg.jpg.1f30cc368f82672482af5355f501d472.jpgmy version is on the left          1,5gen - on the right

Use stock 16inch Wheel

1sTbibeg2IM.jpg

a4_2J--3S9Y.jpg

-L8lJjO0qug.jpg

7oOzds6-SxU.jpg

-jfWWLdGVCc.jpg

kx-ud-b2otI.jpg

The mileage on this version is about 30,000 miles
System without abs, stock master cylinder

Edited by Megavolt-380
  • Like 1