Blinkers not working

skatey

I got into a wreck a month ago and just got the car running again, the passenger headlight smashed into some of the wires behind the headlight splitting them open but they’re not disconnected or cut all the way, I was driving and the blinkers were working fine besides for the fact that one is missing on the front passenger side now. But out of now where they just stopped working even in the interior, there’s nothing flashing on the cluster or on the heads up display. I’m thinking it could be one of those wires but they’re still making contact so my other thought was the turn signal switch in the steering wheel. I attached a photo of the damage so you can get an idea, the wire that was cut that I can remember was blue and there’s a black one that did split through but it’s not part of the harness right there.

IMG_2217.jpeg

are the lights not turning on at all or is it turning on once and staying on? I can't remember if it was my '96 or '98 but one of them stopped blinking when I used the turn signals, turns out it was because one of the lights was out.

FIX the known wiring problems.

VERIFY all the fuses and light bulbs.

SEE what happens.

Edited by Schurkey

Hmmmmmm......

more than likely most of the blinker fluid leaked out, did you forget to top it up?

Blinker Fluid (Custom).jpg

Edited by 55trucker