1992 buick regal GS engine swap

Calpal123

Hey i have a 1992 buick regal GS that has the 3800 (l27) motor in it  its a really solid car and in great shape stillive always wanted more power and i was sad the buick never had a supercharged version of the regal these years,   but recently on marketplace someone posted a 2003 park avenue ultra for sale cheap with a rotten body but low enough kms on the motor  it has the l32 I believe which is supercharged.  If i bought that car as a donor would i be able to swap the motors, harness, etc easy enough? I know pretty much anything is possible and im pretty mechanically capable but what would i be looking at for this swap is it going to be more headache than its worth? Ive never done any motor swap other than just replacing a motor so im not sure what i would be missing it sounds simple enough lol. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks guys !

Compare the wiring diagrams for the '92 to the wiring diagrams for the '03.

Wild Guess:  you'll need a heap of modification, and you'll need ALL the computer, sensors, and emissions controls from the '03 if you live in Commiefornia or any state that uses Commiefornia emissions testing.

There's also the idea that the '92 transmission is not up to handling the power of the '03 engine; so you might end up swapping the entire subframe/suspension/steering.

Enjoy the '92 for what it is; or sell it, buy a newer, supercharged vehicle in usable condition.

• 3 weeks later...

You'd want to swap the entire dropout.  Engine, trans, wiring, and all.

I've read from those who have done it, that swapping the drivetrain from an H-body is considerably more difficult than from a W-body donor as all the engine mounts are different.  Back when I was considering a swap like that, the person that did it strongly recommended I find a donor W-body.