Remote start in 2003 Grand Prix GTP

rcLord510

I’m gonna be installing a viper 5303v soon, and I’m just wondering what everyone’s solution is for the pk3 system, I’ve seen some different type of immobilizers, but I’m not sure which are actually good and which are just junk. Also does anyone have the wiring diagrams for some of the interior connectors that I may need to tap into for this. Along with any tips anyone may have from doing the before on the second gen stuff

2 hours ago, 55trucker said:

Have you tried looking at Consumer Reports, Forbes or Safewise for their ratings on such items?

You'll need the service manual for the electrical wiring diagrams or you'll be somewhat lost.

Do you have to purchase the service manuals or are they online somewhere? And yeah I’ve looked online and there are some decent ones, but I was more looking for if anyone in this fourm specifically has any experiences( good or bad) with any specific ones, I know it’s the same generally for all passkey 3 systems, but I don’t know, extra reassurance I guess

Edited by rcLord510

8 minutes ago, 55trucker said:

It never hurts to have the manuals close by if you intend on doing service work yourself.

Ebay would be my 1st suggestion on where to look for a set of used manuals.

Ah ok, so not a easily available for download or something online

Would the Haynes ones have what I’m looking for? Or do I need the actual factory one for stuff like wiring diagrams 

Edited by rcLord510

I'm not aware of any online *free* source that could supply you with the schematics to be downloaded.

Alldata would be the most recognized online source but one has to buy a subscription to the service.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314081709204?_skw=grand+prix+service+manuals&itmmeta=01J80R0NQYEA2W7F0QPRY834E9&hash=item4920ba8c94:g:~D4AAOSwna9iuiRv

$110 US...money well spent....and you'll have them forever.

Edited by 55trucker