RWD 02' Century?

centurykid

I've had an 02' Buick Century sitting in my backyard for a few years with no real plan to use it. It has quite a few mechanical issues and figured it could be worth doing something as insane as a RWD conversion on it?? 

-Also my first post so I'm new to everything

Other folks have done Frankenstein conversions.  It's possible...I won't say that it's worth the effort to hack the car up just to change the drive wheels.

Last time I saw photos of this, I think they popped a V8 in the front longitudinally, typical RWD transmission, lotsa hacking to make a transmission tunnel in the body structure.

Or just set the body onto some 4X4 or 4X2 pickup frame, and pretend it's a monster truck.

Not something that makes my heart race.

AutoTechTyler on youtube has done it twice and is working on a third car currently. The first 2 were Grand Prixs with LS engines, the current one is a Regal with a 3800.

Definitely watch everything he's put out before you do anything to the car. Saying it's a ton of work is an understatement and I really commend the guy for doing it 3 times.

https://www.youtube.com/@AutoTechTyler