04 Grand Prix won't start

GTPsurvivor

Starter is getting proper voltage and signal from the fuse box because it will crank as much as desired when I jump the crank relay sockets . And I did do the dirty S terminal test before I realized I can test it straight from the fuse box . 

The Pk system is still active . Theft alarm went off when it I didn't turn the door key all the way to the right to open it . But none of the ATS lights come on nor the message on the orange display . 

20 hours ago, GTPsurvivor said:

Starter is getting proper voltage and signal from the fuse box because it will crank as much as desired when I jump the crank relay sockets .

I guess you're saying that the relay socket has proper power on the connector for 30, and the output of the relay has conductivity to the "S" terminal on the connector for 87.  The problem is therefore ahead of the crank relay, on the control side of the relay wiring.  Could be on the power side, or on the ground side.  Obtain a service manual for your vehicle, look at the schematic for the starter circuit, trace the wires 'til you find the problem.  Specifically, will a grounded test light illuminate if touched to the connector of the relay socket for 85 when the key is turned to "Crank"?  Will a powered test light illuminate when touched to the connector for 86?

Substitute "Solenoid "S" terminal" for "Fuel Pump"; and ignore the "from stock plug" in the following diagram.

5ad87e388d3cbce09db266d41ddf5005.jpg&f=1

Edited by Schurkey