a question for digital dash swappers

stlunatics2oo3

okay my question is if i had the base model digital dash and switched to cluster digital dash would my speedometer be wrong since i have 14inch rims instead of the factory 16inch rims that are on the internationals which is what i took the dash from ????

just wonderin since my g/f and i was kinda racin a lil we were same speed and my dash said 45 and hers said like 35-38 so i am wonderin if it is messed up. mine or hers?

i have been followed by cops before and did 25 on my speedo and never got a ticket so iunno

fine w-body brains tell me what is goin on :wink:

thanks

Jeremy

my car is a 89 cutty SL

the car i got the dash from was i think a 90 international

Yeah, either her speedo is screwed, or your ECM has the wrong MEMCAL in it. Or maybe your tranny has been swapped and has the wrong VSS governor gear. At any rate, it's not the cluster.

I DONT THINK ITS HERS BECAUSE MINE USED BE LIKE 10MPH FAST UNTIL I GOT A NEW ECM, NOW ITS LIKE 3MPH FAST, I CHECKED BY GOING BY ONE OF THOSE SPEED TELLERS THAT THEY PUT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. :think:

I CHECKED BY GOING BY ONE OF THOSE SPEED TELLERS THAT THEY PUT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. :think:

Those aren't entirely accurate, since you can have radio / radar interference.

Your speed is affected by tire circumfrence calculated through the VSS and ECM and then displayed on the gauge cluster.

- Erik

Those roadside things are NEVER right. There were 2 right next to each other on the LIE service road and one says 35 and the other says 40, I guess they want you to average it or something. :lol: