Supermodified W Body?

Mizouse

Where's that Cutlass with a hood spoiler, ground effects, euro rear tail-lights and so many accessories I could shop there?

Pictures like that? :shock: Also, NHRA was using Cutlass's as drag-car body during the 1990's back when...

You'll have a field day finding wierd and bizarre creations; they're out there, and we've laughed at them.

- Erik

Yeah, I've seen that goofy spoiler hood deal. The NHRA cars would be cool to see, also looking for W body show cars I guess. Don't know how to say it any other way I guess. The ones that come in on a trailer I guess would describe them best.

photo05.jpg

Makes me just wonder about the possibilities of the cutlass.

My cutlass DOHC TT will come to life someday soon. :twisted:

And then all the rich bastards around here had better watch out :devil:

they're all screwed.

i got 3rd place with my car at the local car show and that was back before i got all the interior work done so my car is a show car i guess just not outragously done like 1ofkinds car but everyone is to there own i guess

thanks

Jeremy

with the people on this board, i think a simple engine swap is "supermodified" because alot dont seem to have either the resources, skill, or place to do it. good thing is everyone seems eager to learn.

i just consider my car "not stock" with going from 3.1 to dohc, wheels, leather, stereo, and pending z34 bumpers and stuff. i've done very little to it compared to say, my belair, because there just arent any parts out there available to us save for upgrading to newer or different GM stock parts.

i've got more credit card debt than cash at present time :(

i tend to decide what i want then wait and wait and wait for a deal to roll around. i've been waiting for the z bumpers for 2 years now and finally got a deal that i felt was sweet enough to be worth my time. i paid $80 for my whole set of leather seats, and i only paid $200 for the car. with the 3.4 and wheels and leather and stereo i have less than 2,000 including the car itself.

Nice interior Matts93.

I believe Bobby Allison won the Bush series in 88 or 89 with the Regal. I cant find the literature that made me think that though. It has a picture of the car with a H body Delta 88 and a G body Monty on the track. They implied that it was 3800 powered also.

Last summer someone had a Cutlass bodied car in one of the road circuits. I watched the race, cant remember the track. He ran in the middle of the pack. Most all the other cars were Camaros and Mustangs. They run wings for down pressure. It looked good had the fenders flared way out and cut deep because it was lowered big time. I remember something on the hood to , raised cowl maybe. A real air dam as in about 2" from pavement with no fancy ridges and extra non functional holes. I was bummed he didnt get up toward the front but some of those guys were running big budgets and you could tell his was more of a grass roots budget.

there seem to be a lot of RWD Lumina dragsters, one of which is a wheelie car(supposedly the fastest wheel standing car, I seen it do low 13's letting off a few times, it was too cold for him to have much traction so he couldn't do a full 1/4 wheelstand...anyways a few I found searching for about 30 secs..

http://drag.race-cars.com/carsold/chevy/lum-93/lum-93ss.htm

http://www.dragracing.com/classifieds/view.asp?ClassifiedId=2086&CategoryId=24 (it even looks like it has Z34 hood louvers 8) )

http://www.racingjunk.com/vc/144119/null.html

i'm sry to say, but none of those cars cept for matts are w-bodys. there all rear wheel drive cars. clearly not w-body. just thought i would point that out.

they *were* Wbodies 8) so that qualifies them as being "supermodified" since they have been modified to all ends and basically can't be considered a W' anymore...either way, they're still pretty neat.