Fuel Gauge

90KUTTY

Alright, here's the situation a couple of days ago i had a new fuel injector put in, now when i put gas in its about 3 bars from full and when there is 2 bars left and the low fuel comes up it only lets me put in like 8 to 10 gallons before it overfills. any suggestions on what the problem could be would help thanx :confused:

My gas gauge is screwed too, and it causes the light below the gauge to come on. On mine, I'm basically empty when I hit the 1/4 mark on the gauge. I think it is caused by the bad solder connections issue (the fix of which is on http://www.w-body.com).

Maybe yours is the same, and the relation to the injector change is spurious.

Rather than pull the instrument panel apart I just fill up based on my tripmeter, since I know my fuel mileage.

I doubt its the cluster cause i just put a new in it did the same thing with my old base cluster and my mph was fast about 10 mph so when i was going 50 the dash said i was going 60 a new ECM fixed the mph problem, but IM thinking its a sensor issue, maybe when they put the fuel injector in they misplaced the fuel sensor or something.

No, the fuel injector doesn't send intrumentation signals to your gauge cluster.

If the fuel gauge is on the fritz, it could be the fuel level sensor or the gas float inside the fuel tank.

It's a tedious process since the gas tank has to be droped to change out since parts.

Unless you're really anal, you could fix it, but using your tripometer and playing the numbers game may be easier.

- Erik

Yeah I agree, Sounds like the fuel sending unit inside your gas tank. Just for haha's look underneath your car and make sure the tank is not dented in. I've see people run something over or drive through a snow bank where the gas tank could dent in causing less space for your fuel.

the guage in my friends 87 camaro does the samething. try pounding on the bottom of the tank and see if that makes a difference. The float in there may be sticky.

If it is sticky, the only real way to fix it is to drop the tank. He is anal about his car, so we droped the tank one weekend. If you do drop it, drive around until the thing runs out of gas. It makes things much easier.