Cutlass wont start

cutlass88

I bought my first car in october, 1988 cutlass supreme

Yesterday in montreal, there was a shitload of snow and the car wouldnt start so I used a booster pack for the battery and the fourth time I turned the key, it started. I let the car warmed for around 10 minutes. Then I tried moving the car and the engine just stopped.

Does anyone has similar problems and how can I fix it for cheap cause I only have a part time job, Im a student.

sry for my english

thanks

Yesterday in montreal, there was a shitload of snow and the car wouldnt start so I used a booster pack for the battery and the fourth time I turned the key, it started. I let the car warmed for around 10 minutes. Then I was tried moving the car and the engine just stopped.

The electrical system can't hold the cold weather huh? I know how that can be. Sounds like the battery / alternator combo problem. When the battery charges it runs, but doesn't look like the alternator is recharging the battery. Complete a electrical load test on both the alternator and battery to see which is not holding up... I'm willing to gamble though it's the alternator accompanied by a weak (and cold) battery by the details of your condition. Best of luck, keep us posted!

- Erik

Put some gas line anti-freeze in your gas tank.

Boosting the car and letting it IDLE to charge back the battery would cause strain on the alternator. Boosting a completely drained battery by using another car would take forever.

I'd suggest to purchase a 110V battery charger with starter option around $40 and a 50 feet long extension power cord. Save yourself from hassles and hassles when parking another car next to your car to boost your car.

Well, if you are out somewhere then you just have to use another car to boost your car.