kinda sucky morning

hoodilio

Well after i finished my final exam this moring, i went to try to move my car, everything in the world was ice around here, so i warmed up my car, cleaned it off, and attemped to back it out. I got high sided on the ice under my car, and got stuck for like 30 mins. It was like i would step on the gas to move backward, then the wheels would spin so ide let off, then the car would just stop. I was like god damb, but i finially got out. Then i drove out of the parkin lot, like 1000 feet, and then realized my e-brake was partally on, no wunder it was a bitch to get the car unstuck. Does anyone think i coulda messed anything up, like anything under the car from gettin kinda high sided, or the brakes from havin the e-brake on for those 1000 feet? I am just paraniod about those kinda things, make fun if u want.

at most you run the risk or damaging your exhaust, but you would know if you did or not...

as far as the brake... shouldnt be a problem if it wasnt up all the way... i mean you most likely wore then a little, but nothing to be worried about.. i have gotten high centered on snow and ice before and hasnt cause and immediate problems.

- Justin

As far as the e-brake, after I worked on my car's rear brakes, I drove about 30 min to the next city. It was all highway driving at 65. When I hit the first stop light, I could smell something very hot, like welding!!! I naturally thought it couldn't be me, because I take great care of my cars, right? :lol: Well, I forgot to adjust the e-brake. :oops: And although I really discolored my rotor, (it was *really* hot, couldn't even touch the wheel!) it didn't warp it. So I would say 1000 feet in winter did nothing to your e-brake. Sorry for the long post!

yah, i touched the wheels and stuck my fingers through the wheels and flet the capilers and they were still ice cold. But once over the summer i have a frozen caliper and it got rediculously hott and smelled, like yours. Scarry as hell since i had to drive home from work that night, then changed the caliper in the pitch black.