There goes my HUD project.

99RegalGS

:cry: :cry:

dent1.gif

dent2.gif

dent3.gif

dent4.gif

dent5.gif

I hit a tree in my friend's driveway today. :oops: Thankfully I wasn't going that fast and it didn't cause too much damage.

I talked to my neighbor, who owns a body shop, and he thinks it might be bad enough to need a new fender. :(

He's going to call me tomorrow with an estimate.

Shit, Sean...that sucks.

I hope you can get it fixed for a relatively small amount of money. Good luck, man. I really hope it doesn't set you back that bad, man. Come to the chatroom.

maybe it's just the pics, but the damage doesn't look too bad. Just find a cheap fender painted white and you should be good to go.

Agreed! There's only cometic damage if you slightly rubbed a tree.

Grab a fender, swap trim and bolt that bad boy on.

I'm willing to be you can find a fender and install it under $50 - $100 tops!

- Erik

Ouch. Doesn't look that bad though, atleast you just got the fender. I nailed a telephone pole once backing onto a busy street, hit about 6" behind where you pranged the tree.

Not much body damage, but I needed a new control arm, ball joint, sway bar and steering knuckle, and needed a dent pounded out of my rim!

Good luck, looks like just body damage though.

Man Sean, that really sucks, sorry to see this. Too bad the damn tree was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It looks like the damage could have been worse so hopefully it won't be too tough to fix. Just wait, before you know it, your GS will once again be returned to its orginal greatness! :)

Yeah it could have been alot worse. Thanfully I was only going like 5mph.

maybe it's just the pics, but the damage doesn't look too bad. Just find a cheap fender painted white and you should be good to go.

Agreed! There's only cometic damage if you slightly rubbed a tree.

Grab a fender, swap trim and bolt that bad boy on.

I'm willing to be you can find a fender and install it under $50 - $100 tops!

- Erik

Cool, That's not bad at all. :D

sorry to see that had to happen man. quite frankly...id be pretty f'n pissed off if that happened to me. of course, id probably go grab some beer and get sloppy and fix the problem as soon as i could

sean that does not need no new fender from what i see there is only one creese and it is not bad

i don't know if you new i was telling scott to tell you to take it to your closest community college

at my community college they only charge for materials the creese done the side of my car will cost me $50-60 to have it fixed thats not bad considering it would cost 2 or 3 hundered at a shop

i would check into that plus you would be helping the students get more experiance at painting

good luck

p.s. still a sexy car man with a sexy dent is all :)

I stopped by ny neighbor today and he told me that a new GM fender will be $270, and an aftermarket fender will be $120. but he said that the aftermarket fenders don't have as good rust protection if a chip would occure.

I'm not sure what I should do.

I also want to try some J/Y's but I don't know if I will be able to find a fender w/o rust.

Hey Sean,

A suggestion for your fender. Take your time look for one for cheap(obviously). Get it painted white if need be, and wait till winter is over. I say this cuz I could see something stupid like that happening again. I don't know if you can live with the fender like that for the winter, but I know my sunfire needs a new fender, and I'm just gonna wait till winter's over cuz I know the second I'd replace it, i'd end up sliding into someone. Just my thoughts on it!

And Damn sorry to hear about it, cuz it's such a sweet looking regal too!

Hey Sean,

A suggestion for your fender. Take your time look for one for cheap(obviously). Get it painted white if need be, and wait till winter is over. I say this cuz I could see something stupid like that happening again. I don't know if you can live with the fender like that for the winter, but I know my sunfire needs a new fender, and I'm just gonna wait till winter's over cuz I know the second I'd replace it, i'd end up sliding into someone. Just my thoughts on it!

And Damn sorry to hear about it, cuz it's such a sweet looking regal too!

Yeah I'm going to wait untill spring.

I saw a Regal front clip on ebay a while ago, too bad It isn't for sale now. :(

dude fenders out of a jy should be like 30$ tops. find a white in jy/ebay, bolt it on, if the paint is faded more thatn ur cars paint take it to get painted first or do it yourself