full gauges cluster is in. finally!

GPdriver1986

I got my full gauges cluster two weeks ago and I finally put in. I fixed my odometer and trip meter, the gears were cracked and were not spinning with the shaft so I clamped the gear together using an old washer and some glue. Now it works like new. When I plugged in the cluster I noticed the check gauges ( I thought it was because my oil pressure switch was still in) , and my low fuel light was on , so I took out the cluster and my dad resoldered the chip. Put it back in everthing works now. Both of the lights went out. Should my check gauges light still be on because my oil pressure sensor is still not in? and what should the battery gauge be reading?

NOPE, got the same set of gauges last week... your oil pressure switch wouldnt trigger the SES light, BUT, it will pin your oil pressure gauge at about 90psi on the dash. The switch is either YES or NO for pressure so it is normal for it to read like that on the dash. Just go to checker (or equivalent) and a sending unit is about $27 US with tax and all (at least for me). It uses a VERY deep, 27mm socket to replace. Honestly, wait til you have to do an oil change cuz you have to pull the filter and for conveinience (not not required) pull the starter too. then you have a pretty good shot at it... also, you cant get it from ontop, you have to get it from underneith.

- Justin

I got my oil pressure sensor already I just need to put it in . There is also a difference between the check guages light and the ses light. is your check gauges light on? and whats your reading on voltage gauge?

I JUST PUT THE GAUGES CLUSTER IN ABOUT A WEEK AGO, THE VOLTAGE ON MINE WORKS AND IT READS HALFWAY ON THE VOLTS, SO I GUESS ITS CORRECT, DID YOU HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO HOOK UP THE RPM METER OR DID IT JUST WORK ALREADY?

my SES light has come on but the check gauges light hasnt... dont know why it is there... i am having a problem with the gas idiot light staying on theough... gotta resoldier that. my volts are reading just above 13 volts.

I too have the sending unit but i have yet to put it in...

im gonna wait on that until i can fix my once mysterious oil leak which was discovered to be the oil filter adaptor plate seal.

My tach (rpm) gauge worked fine. I didnt have to mess with any wiring at all. 100% plug and play with the exception of the oil pressure.

- Justin

[Regal full digital dash, I put it in.]

Twice now when it was extremely cold, the digital cluster was very dim at start up, then brightened within a minute or two.

Anybody else? It was -8F for temp.