Console Exchange

ritchierich1

I have a 94 Regal and was wondering if any other 94 or similar console would be able to transfer into my car. Likewise with the gauges. Want to do a little something different with the buick. Thanks.

Yea man.. Pretty much all W-body consoles from 88-96 should fit w/o a problem.. I too am looking for something different for my Lumina.. 95-96 Grand Prix center console w/ cupholders, along w/ 95-99 Monte Carlo Leather seats.. Boo yah!!

Definately need something with a cupholder. The one buick has really sucks that came with it originally. I don't know how many times I have spilled crap 'cuz of it. Thanks

Tell me about cupholders, I have a fucking GTP and it has none! Something wrong with that picture.

TGP's lack them as well.. Except in the rear console. But a lot of good those do for the driver!

From what SuperBuick told me, any first gen W-body console should swap in to yours.

The guages, however, is a different story. You know how your guages are like...well, almost not there? Yeah, that pretty much means you'd have to swap in an entire dash unit from another car. Once you swap in that dash unit, it'll look dumb with your doors. Once you swap in new inner door panels, they'll look dumb next to your inner quarter panels...and the cycle continues.

the console i have, i pulled it form another 5-speed GP and where most consoles, from what ive seen, the ash tray is replaced with a square.... thing?? that kinda acts like a cup holder... it holds a can of pop perfectly, but it doesnt really like the Ub3R big cups from Burger King, or taco bell for that matter.

- justin

ritchierich1.....

Look into an older Regal full digital cluster. I don't have any pics scanned yet (cause I've been really lax) but it is really sweet.

Your 94 is the last year to be able to do this swap. I have a "90" swapped into my "91". If you do a search on "Regal digital dash", "UB3 Cluster ", or my name, "lee" you'll find some posts of the complications and all the parts you'll either want or need. I think it's one of the bitchier swaps because there is a separate module to pick up to replace the current E/M..etric module under the radio head unit.

I sure like mine though.

I'll have to get to work on scanning my pics of the swap.

Yeah, the cup holders are wayh too shallow.. I can't even put in a medium cup from McDonald's w/out it tipping over when I turn from being stopped.. //sigh// You should see what the floorboard looks like..

that happen to me one night not to long ago, spilt 3/4 of a med size drink on the driver side some got gone the mat and some on the floor. :gone2far:

Thats why my interior is still in perfect condition.

I don't allow food, drink, smoking or messy shit in my car. People hate riding with me. Oh well, gotta have priorities. :lol:

Guest TurboSedan
the console i have, i pulled it form another 5-speed GP and where most consoles, from what ive seen, the ash tray is replaced with a square.... thing?? that kinda acts like a cup holder... it holds a can of pop perfectly, but it doesnt really like the Ub3R big cups from Burger King, or taco bell for that matter.

- justin

yeah i have an '89 5-speed Grand Prix center console in my Cutlass. that square holder behind the shifter is nice for pop cans & 20oz bottles. if i have a 32oz fountain soda i can usually wedge it beween the passenger seat & console :lol:

joshua

Yeah.. hard to clean that shit out.. So how would one go about CHANGING their console and cup holder and.. god.. you get the point...?

On mine you just pull the trim panel where the cup holder is forward a bit and lift, it just pops out. Then pull the shifter hand off and lift off the trim plate. then just unbolt the four bolts and lift out the console. I don't know which will fit in your car but it really is easy to do.

I going to do the samething with the center concol of a 93 grand prix, well i was going to except i dont know how to take the dam thing off. Ok this is what i have figure so far there are two bolts in the "glove box" i dont know what its called i put my enbow on top of it.

P.S. anyone on here know how to remove a center concol??