makes me want to make babies!

92turboLE

Look what i scored at the junkyard today!

the tranny

tranny1.jpg

another one of the tranny

tranny2.jpg

shifter assy. with a near perfect Leather Shift knob

shifter2.jpg

here is everything excluding the reservoir, lines, safety switch.

all.jpg

they threw the clutch in for free - sorry for the blur

clutch.jpg

and the best part, ALL THIS for UNDER $40!!!!

i stopped by my tranny buddy and he says it all looks to be in good shape.

the only thing i couldnt get out was the clutch pedal. The bolt kept spinning and i didnt have the tools to hold it and take the nut off. I also couldnt get the axels either as they were already gone.

- Justin

Oh yeah, and if you couldnt tell, its a Getrag 282!

S*%$ Justin! What don't you do? That's an awesome snag!

What's the ETA on installation and the car running manual shifts?

Are you gonna give my VR6 a run for it's money? Sweet!

- Erik

Guest TurboSedan

let me guess: Pull N' Save in Aurora. that place is awesome - my brother got a Getrag 5-speed from a Shadow there when they had a "$30 all you can carry out" sale. i've been there a few times and can't wait to go back. i got my HUD for $3 there along with alot of other stuff. i think i actually met Justin there :)

joshua

Yeah, pull n save, $19.99 tranny for the weekend special!!!! now that i think about it, i might go back tomarrow as i remembered that the axels are on the hubs, still attached to the sub-frame that i had to pull out of the way.... I was too excited about the tranny that i forgot to grab the axels too... lol

As far as for sale... NOT for sale, gonna put it in so that i can get my auto tranny rebuilt for my turbo setup.

I know of 2 other 282s in other yards that are in good shape too but i dont think i coulf get them for as cheap as these other yards dont do weekend specials.

the best part is, the tranny was already pulled. The guy that pulled it just wanted the motor and left everything else.

Josh (malibuolds) i was curious if i was going to need the wiring harness for the engine too as i dont know if they are different. i already have the memcal for it.

As far as your VR6 Erik - we all know that i wouold spank you anyway :wink:

EDIT: shit, that didnt sound good... spank you in a race that is. Im almost halfweay tempted to add a 45 shot of nitrous to my existing motor (231,XXX miles) just to have some fun and blow it so i have a reason to move faster on my turbo setup.

- Justin

I wnat, I want.. No... I NEED I NEED!!!! I have been looking all over Hell for one of those damn things for my 3.1!!! I am pissed at you sir.. lol.. No, really.. I want to gut you, you bastard!!! lol.. Hmmm.. I think we're long overdue for an asassination, dont you think?:-) lmao.. Good snag my man.. DIBS ON YOUR NEXT ONE YOU FIND!!!!!!!!!!:-D Later!

with the possible help of malibuolds, i would be more then happy to pull another... like i said, i know of 2 more and they yards want about anywhere between $70 and $90 plus a $10 core. If anyone wants on, like i said, i weould be more then happy to pull it with assistance as i dont know how to pull the motor safely as i have never done it.

- Justin

Guest TurboSedan
If you ever find a 282 V6 bellhousing needing a home, let me know.

hey Ben, i was gonna give you mine (i mentioned it awhile back) but when i took it out it was FUBAR - big chucks of aluminum were broken off inside. i'm going to try to get pics of the carnage on my website.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

Josh (malibuolds) i was curious if i was going to need the wiring harness for the engine too as i dont know if they are different. i already have the memcal for it.

- Justin

you can use either/or. i know Jason (Eclipse5302) used the wiring harness that came from an automatic equipt car and modified it, but i just used the wiring harness that came from the manual car. my 1st 282 (and the wiring harness i'm currently using) came from Brian89gp. i didn't have to do ANY modification to the wiring harness at all. the shift light works, no SES light, runs great etc. i would recommend using the wiring harness from the manual car - you won't have the extra automatic transmission plugs hanging around either. then later when you put the automatic back in you'll have an unmolested automatic wiring harness to put back in.

if you need any help let me know - i just need some time to plan a trip down there. i'm living back up in Gillette right now (5 hrs North of Denver) but i really want to hit the salvage yards in CO again and i'm sure my brother would like to also. pulling an engine is pretty easy really. i think the hardest part is pulling the axles out. i've only pulled 'em up thru the top tho - i've never dropped a subframe to get an engine/tranny out. also - there is a complete Getrag 282 setup in Buffalo, WY too. i would pull it but man i don't want to ship it!

joshua

i will give you $50 for everything pictured above :D

youd probably be looking for a 284 with that 3.4 of yours

?!?

Ok im stuipd about the getrag trany..

why whould i want the 284 instead of the 282?

also im sure i would have to have some expensive computer reprogramming to get the motor to run properly with a manual with the obd 1.5 aka hybird whatever you wanna call the 95 ecu