Cutlass Upgrades

belo4884

I have a 93 CS Coupe and I want to change some options.

Things I want to add: Power Antenna, Power Trunk Release, DIC, and eventually maybe power mirrors. Is all this possible without too much work and cost(other than parts listed)? Also what is involed in wiring the antenna and the trunk. Those I want to do for sure. Thanks

for the antenna, youll need a ground obviously, then the antenna wire to the deck, and a power wire, which is wired to the deck, so when the deck turns on the antenna goes up. The antenna power wire should be connected to the power wire that goes to the deck. I think they are blue, atleast in my car, there is a blue power wire, the blue wire for the antenna, and the blue wire for my amp, all three are connected for everything to work. For the trunk, you have to get the unit to pop the trunk, and then wire a ground, and hook up a switch inside the car that has the wire to the trunk and a power wire. I think i am right on both of these, the trunk is a shot in the dark though since i dont know what that takes. welcome to the board.

i got a trunk opener on ebay for like ten buckes installed it myself and even hooked it up to my remote start,lock and trunk opener its not to hard to do i even got a power antenna for 12 bucks off ebay they were both very easy to install

I wouldnt buy power antena because they break a lot, get a trunk opener and power mirrors which are easy to install but just get a nice short antena and will be better

I like 'em and I don't. Obviously, I like them when they work. I've had 'em in 2 of my cars.. for the first half of ownership, they work excellent. Then they just stop going down all the way.. pulls it down half-way and grinds the rest of the way.

Ok. I was looking on ebay, right now there are two power trunk releases for 91-95 Grand Prix's. Will these bolt on to my Cutlass? Here is the link to the release: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=50459&item=2448380862

I haven't looked yet, but does anyone know a website that sells a short antenna. I think you guys have talked me out of the power antenna idea. Thanks for all of your help.

Ive never had a problem with the power antenna. Atleast not yet. I would like to not have an antenna or a short antenna rather than a power antenna though, since it has gotten stuck on the snow/ice this winter.

I haven't had any problems with my power antenna since I started disconnecting it in the winter.

The winter ice & snow freezing it stuck really took its toll on the mast's nylon cable!

It's easy to disconnect it. Just turn the radio on so the antenna goes up. Then unplug the harness going to the relay. It will stay up. I recommend doing this in the winter, especially if you park your car outside.

if you still want a power antenna this is my 89 cutty and might give you a good idea of how hard it would be to hook up

i took this pic for the keyless entry transmitter reprograming wire but you can see the big connector for the antenna you can look to see if you have one

the trunk release is one single black wire you can see if you have that too

you can see the ground strap the silver strap thats where you can ground it if you have that tab

connector.jpg

good luck

hope this helps