Seriously.. Delco Bose?

Dirty Rockstar

Hey all.. I LOVE Bose souns systems.. How much would I expect to spend for 4-6 Bose speakers, Bose CD deck, and the Bose amp.. My sound system sounds good now, But I want Bose.. I KNOW ITS A LOT MORE WORK THAN ITS WORTH.. But thats everyone elses opinion.. Also, does anyone Have a Bose system? Complete? Let me know!

Man I know you don't want to hear this, but Bose suck...

There are a lot better brands out there. Like Infinity just for an example make a much better product for much less money.

The reason I hate bose so much is because I'm also into the Home Theater seen, where Bose is nothing but a big joke. There stuff is crap, and expensive.

iv'e got the amp and the headunit. You can have it, if u pay for the shipping.

Excellent.. I PMed you.. if thats a word.. But Just in case, sounds awesome.. Is the Head unit a CD deck? If not, dont worry.. I will take the Amp.. I sent my address info in the Personal Message to you.. Let me know! Thanks! BTW, I know all arguments for and against Bose.. I personally like it.. We have a Bose home theatre, and it sounds magnificent.. And my uncle works FOR bose, so everythings cheap to us.. except of course for Car audio.. hes in the home division.. (Dammit...) lol.. Later!

Bose car audio is in a completely different league than their home audio equipment.

In short, their car audio line sucks.

Trust me, I'm an avid Bose enthusiast as well, but the car audio line is disappointing. My girlfriend's 99 GTP has the Bose sound system, and it's terrible. The highs are bright, and too loud, and the lows are lacking. Plus, their active equilization in the Bose amp, cuts out any lows when the volume is turned up. If you've ever looked at their car audio speakers, their nothing but a generic paper cone woofer with a 1.5 ohm load.

I have a rigged Delco/Bose system in my Samurai from a 94 camaro. It sucks, but it's a radio system, which is all I wanted.

Plus, I'm going to assume that you have a Lumina. I'll forwarn you, that the Lumina Bose amps are known to develop problems over time. I read something once about capacitors that leak or short out, causing all sorts of problems with sound.

But whatever way you choose.. good luck. 8)

Hmmm.... Thats mighty interesting.. I do want to get a theme going... Not Mishmashed system.. i.e.... Kenwood amp, sony stereo, and Pioneer speakers.. (I guess I have one of those Obsessive compulsive disorders.. Everything has to be just so.. lol) And I also MUST have a DIN 1.5 stereo (Im thinkin factory Delco) I had an ISO Din Stereo in my Pontiac 6000 and It stuck out a good 4 inces oway from the dash!!! These GMs have NO DASH ROOM!!! lol

Mismatching brands is not a bad thing. You'll get the best end product this way, because no one brand can make the best everything. Every company will have its good components, and not so good components.

The same goes for home theater, when you get a home theater, you should never just get the same brand receiver as speakers. Simply because the best receiver makers, make just receivers, and the best speaker makers make only speakers. Receivers like Denon, and speakers like Paradigm, they make Bose look like 2 dollar crap from the bargain bin.