TGP PISSES ME OFF!!

RedZMonte

now the fricking outside door handles won't open from the outside when its cold. i move it inside where its warm and they work fine. if feels like the door is locked but its not. the handle moves and i can hear the linkage move but it doesn't open. it will open about every 30'th pull on the handle. but once i get inside the car the door will open fine when using the door handle inside the car.

any one ever seen this? i am going to try and lube all the sliders and whatnot and see if it helps any... like i said when it is warm outside the doors open fine from the outside.

RedZ

Yeah, I get that problem ocasionally too. Most of the time its just water on the weather seals thats frozen the door shut. It kind of sucks because you know these door handles like to break and there's nothing you can do but pull harder on it to make it open, well that or get a hair dryer.

they door is not froze shut on mine.. i can work at it and it will finally open then i will close it again and instantly will not open. it is somthing in the door itself. i wish it was as only as easy as ice.

Shane

Either way, linkage or being cold, don't close the door tight when you go somewhere. Just close it until it latches. That way you don't have to pull on the handle as hard, which as we all know break easily and suck ass. Just a tip.

It's not hard to adjust the mechanism. I did it years ago when my 1st TGP doors would hardly open. After adjusting they opened like a Mercedes. I don't remember all the steps but its self explanatory when you take the cover off the end of the door and look at it.

it was the stupid linkage. I am still confused why it just started doing it when it got cold on both sides. eather way i adjusted the linkage and it works like a charm.

Thanks,

Shane

If you take a look at the arm that kicks the actuator to open the door, I bet its worn down and thats why. I think its aluminum, real soft, and a shitty design. I've done it 3 times in mine the past 6 months. I bought a shitty aftermarket replacement tho.

I'm noticing alot of handle problems with the majority of w-bodies... My handle actually broke off one night (all b/c one wire got loose). Easy to fix on your own.. fuckin expensive if yout ake it to a shop.. my bad.