B4U, (91-93 VS 94-96)

96gtp

You can the difference by the front bumper cover looks for starters. The fog lights on the '91-'93 didn't look as flush or inside the front bumper piece as did the '94-'96 B4U ground effects. I'm sure there is more, but the prix owners can answer that.

Everything is different.

The front bumper being the most obvious. The 91-13 B4U front bumper has external rectangular fog lights, where the 94-96 has internal round ones.

All the side paneling looks different, as well as the rear bumper.

It's still the same car underneath, so I imagine either would fit, but as for the brackets/holes, I have no idea if they're common between them.

as for what i can think about...91-93/89-90 turbo with different headlamps and different code (still the same as B4U for most part) and the 94-96:

94-96 more contoured and smoother appearance

94-96 louvers shorter than longer louvers used 89-93

i also believe the 94-96 has different cladding setup on the sides as to what pieces are what. im pretty sure on that too

...94-96 IMO is the nicest, with TGP next and then 91-93

Why do people like the TGP front more over the 91-93 GTP? Just curious. I like the mini-quads more.

I'm on your side with the mini quads. Thats what drew me in on the Cutlass I own. They are a different look that looks sleek. The TGP's have grown on me more and more, but I still favor the GTP's style.

Why do people like the TGP front more over the 91-93 GTP? Just curious. I like the mini-quads more.

i like the TGPs cladding more than the 91-93 GTP because i never really liked the 91-93 B4U package. yes, i love the mini-quads, but the rest of the B4U just doesnt do it for me. maybe its the 4 or 5? ridges that circle around the car along with the other "boxy," 80s-like features. a black TGP with the regular headlamps just looks sleek and ready to eat some competition.

Outside the front bumper, I think the 91-93 GTP looks identical to the TGP.

...and it does. but back at my base, ive seen a '90 Black TGP next to a '92 Black GTP and the TGP just looks mean and on the prowl. maybe its the rarity of the TGP or just the non-synonymous mini-quad setup with the B4U that turns me on about it.

im with Heza...yeah miniquads are nice but the aero healamps on the TGP go better with the 91-93 style. plus the foglamps sittig OUTSIDE of the bumper looks so crappy, almost aftermarket. one thing i like about 91-93 is that the bottom tips of the cladding dip lower than 94-96 thus making the car appear a bit lower/better

im with Heza...yeah miniquads are nice but the aero healamps on the TGP go better with the 91-93 style. plus the foglamps sittig OUTSIDE of the bumper looks so crappy, almost aftermarket. one thing i like about 91-93 is that the bottom tips of the cladding dip lower than 94-96 thus making the car appear a bit lower/better

:werd: other good point. i dont like the outside mounted foglamps. 94-96 has a nice "chin" on the front with inset foglamps. much smoother. unfortunately on my BYP package...i have the outside mount foglamps...i got plans for that though when i get back.

I like the TGP composite headlights better because it looks cleaner and sleeker, which is just more my taste.

The miniquads are cool too though, they look mean and aggressive. My wife prefers the miniquads which is one reason she really likes the 92-97 style Cutlass even though I prefer the older one with composite headlights.

I prefer the smoothness of the 94-96 B4U, but there is one thing I like a LOT better about the TGP (and 91-93) B4U, and that's the aggressive flared out bulges behind the wheels in the ground-effects. I think they look soooooo good. They were toned down a lot on 94-96. Ideally for my taste, I would like the TGP front, 94-96 B4U with no ribs (just smooth), and the flared out bulges from 91-93.