brother pig

Alright, last night while i was driving my abs light came on. I should also tell you that it was the first time in over a week I drove my car, after a huge ice storm, so there was ice stuck to my car all over. Fortunatly, the parking lots are still snow covered, so I was able to test the brakes. With the light off, the ABS seems to work. The low-trac light comes on, and the brakes don't lock up. (it does feel different to me than other abs systems i've used, however.....really can't tell they're working without the light...if that matters) When the light came on, the ABS didn't work. Everytime the light came on, I would shut the car off to reset it, and the light would be off and the ABS would work. I also once got the ABS *and* the brake light at the same time. I know this means that there is a serious problem with the brakes, and not *just* the ABS. This light reset also, however. Do you think the ice could have been doing this? Or could it be a speed sensor? (i did replace a rear hub from a junkyard, but do they have intermittent problems?) Thanks guys

I wouldn't put it past ice. Mine does that in slush. Usually happens in the spring, of course, when I drive thru slush, the ABS light comes on and the ABS stops functioning for awhile.