Door Handle Help

Thabulldog

My door handle broke on the Zoomina, the coupe naturally. I ordered the one from 1A Auto, the 34.95 one. I put it on and now my door won't open at all, from the inside or the outside. Could I have knocked something inside the door loose?

Wow that sux man. Mine just broke last week and all week i've been getting in the pass door. Was it hard to do? You might have maybe not lined up the parts right? I dunno sorry I can't help

The past 2 weeks were fun getting in the passenger side. The hardest part was moving the lock cylinder because I had to figure out how to get the little retaining ring off, then after that it was easy to get off. I have a suspicion that the lock cylinder linkage is messed up because I can't find the clip for it, time to rig it tomorrow. I hope thats the problem anyway.

Yeah I did that once.. the little key cylinder exploded when I dropped it, so I had to figure out how to put it all back together. :oops:

And mine wouldn't open either after all was said and done. IIRC, I had to BEND the little 'bar' that actuated the .. opener? I can't think right now.. There is a bar in there, connected to the actual door handle, that pops the door open.. see if you can figure out what I mean. :?

Yeah I did that once.. the little key cylinder exploded when I dropped it, so I had to figure out how to put it all back together. :oops:

And mine wouldn't open either after all was said and done. IIRC, I had to BEND the little 'bar' that actuated the .. opener? I can't think right now.. There is a bar in there, connected to the actual door handle, that pops the door open.. see if you can figure out what I mean. :?

Im going to take a look at if after I take care of a few things today, hopefully I can get it to work. Wish me luck!

Why do you need bending? The linkage is threaded, at least it is on my cars.

Maybe thats what I did then. I don't remember. I had lots of problems with it, so its tough to remember one solution. I know I did bend SOMETHING in that door handle.

It sounds like the linkage thing that pulls the part that opens the door is loose. Strange how you can't open the car from the inside though :?

I haven't run across that problem yet.. replaced about 4 of them cause I buy them used :lol: stupid cheap metal :evil:

Well the door handle project is getting put on hold because now the damn car wont start. What good is getting into the car if I cant drive it? I gotta take it to the shop and get the starter warrantied because it was only done 5 months ago and took a shit on me again.

I have had the actual latch that grabs the post on the door frame gum up and it wouldn't unlock. Once I did get it to unlock a bunch of WD-40 fixed it. I have also un-hooked one of the rods inside the door when replacing a handle, just had to pop off the door panel and feel around inside the door to clip it back on.