94SLSDOHCUTT94

I called advance auto and got some prices for some replacement parts, not stuff I need yet but just to get an idea of some prices. I've owned this car for two years and the only thing I've had to replace was the transmission, and that was the ONLY thing that has gone wrong with it since I bought it. I picked up a used one for $600 with 35k on it. Anyway, Water pump: $20.00 Power steering pump: $30.00 Fuel pump: $41.00 Timing Belt:$51.00 Brake Rotors(1): $16.00 Starter: $49.00 Alternator: $50.00. And the list goes on, god I love GM. I imagine Im going to need to replace some of these parts eventually, every mechanical part on this car is the factory original. It now has 121K on it but still runs like the day I got it. God I love GM. One more thing, Im going to change my plugs and wires and need to know how to get to the back 3 plugs.....heard a few different stories but I'd like to know for sure.

That sounds like a good idea since It's just going to be me doing it, holding that 2X4 and taking the plugs out could get old fast. The tie down straps sound like the way to go. And oh yeah, the distributorless ignition? That easy to figure out?

That sounds like a good idea since It's just going to be me doing it, holding that 2X4 and taking the plugs out could get old fast. The tie down straps sound like the way to go. And oh yeah, the distributorless ignition? That easy to figure out?

What cha' need to figure out about the DIS? It's pretty simple, you can find tons of information on how they work in various cars by searching the web..or just post here and someone can help you.

All I need to figure out is how to translate my previous knowledge of changing plugs and wires over to doing it without a distributor. This has me stumped but only because I've never learned anything about it or even asked a question about it before. But I learn quick and a short runthrough would be all I would need

the easiest method IMO is to undo the dogbones, use your tire iron to pull the engine foreward then thread the dogbone bolt through the eyelet on the bottom of one dogbone that will hold it in place :)

the straps work good too but if your like me you dont have any.