great in the snow!!

shipman

Lower profile speed-rated tires are really, really bad on snow.

funny, i ave some Goodyear 245/50/ZR17 tires and they do GREAT in the snow... i have to try hard to get them to break (sliding sideways that is). braking and accelerating are actually pretty damn good. First good snow i thaught i would be screwed, only to findo out that the tires grip and suddenly it wasnt any fun :( :(

- Jusitn

My Monte is awesome in the snow, I have learned that having an LSD is invaluable when accelrating from a stop on a snow covered road.

Had some fun doing parking lot doughnts last night, managed to turn a couple lots from powder to slush :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, my Regal is great in the snow. Maybe compared to other FWD cars, it's not that great, I have no idea, but when compared to my Cougar, snow driving in the Regal seems effortless.

I remember when we had the '85 T-bird.. we couldn't get it up the shoveled driveway! Damn car weighs like 4000lbs and one crappy tire spinning in the back.. what fun! Had 2 people pushing it too! LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways my GP is pretty good in the snow. Never really get stuck, is okay around the corners in heavy snow just gotta take it easy. My tires suck too. Same with you guys, its the stopping it doesn't like :wink:

Hey, CBad, I had an '86 Cougar, and that thing did suck in the snow, but it didn't weigh 4000lbs.

Stats on '85 Cougar:

GS, LS - 3084 lbs.

XR7 - 3100 lbs.

It's actually a good deal lighter than a W-body, believe it or not. It's the RWD that kills ya in the snow...that thing was terrible even in the rain.

People say rwd sucks in the snow, and to a degree thats true, but last year i drove an IROC thru snowstorms and blizzards, not 1ce did I get stuck. the Grand prix with the 3.1 was the balls in the snow, never got it stuck, didnt slow down for corners, it just went. It didnt stop the greatest, but I always had control over it.

-Jeff