Just bought a Cutlass (newbie here)

Shaners

I just picked up a 1993 Cutlass Supreme Convertible for my wife for a Xmas present.

I'm not very familiar with the W-Body but this forum looks like a great place to learn from some more knowledgable people.

The car is very nice and all loaded up with 72K showing on the clock. It has the 3.1L and the full bench seat in the rear. (I need the big back seat for my 3 kids). The car will be going into winter storage ASAP and my wife can't wait till spring!!!

I'm looking forward to hanging with all of you and learning about all the +/-'s of my (wifes) new Olds.

Thans for the quick welcome!!! I've added this forum to my "favorites" list and I hope I can stop in here every day or so.

If you manage to stop in here only once a day, please tell me how...I spend way to much time here.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome, and since no one else has said it yet, don't mind the assholes, or stupid comments you might get from now and then. Sort of good u got a 3.1, much easier to work on and more relaible ( Before anyone jumps on me, its opinion) If u need anyhelp there are a bunch of great guys here with great tips and how to's.. Hope the car give you years of great service. Later Jay

Sort of good u got a 3.1, much easier to work on and more relaible ( Before anyone jumps on me, its opinion) Later Jay

Besides the full rear seat the 3.1L was also on my priority list due to the reason you stated. I would have loved to had the big HP of the 3.4L but from people I've talked to I decided the 3.1L would be the best choice for a top-down cruiser for the wife. She doesn't need to get anywhere that fast!!!

Congrats on your new Cutty! Your wife will love riding in it with the wind blowing her hair all around when the lid is down.

My wife loves mine and wants to get rid of her 92 Euro Sedan and get a red one!

All, these cutty verts I keep hearing about makes me really want to get one now. What color is yours? Welcome!

It's kind of a blueish/teal color with a black top and and charcoal leather. I have the original invoice for the car, and it sticker for just under $26k in '93.

Thans for the quick welcome!!! I've added this forum to my "favorites" list and I hope I can stop in here every day or so.

Sweet ride.... welcome... I think it'll soon move from your 'favorites' list to your 'homepage' 8)

Oh and i think most of us have this page as our homepage

I actually have http://www.GM-Trucks.com as my home page because I'm a Senior Moderator over there. So unless I set-up multiple users on my PC then I'll just have to use the "favorites" button.

The car I bought looks like the one in the Ebay link but mine (hers) has the black top. I'll try and post a picture...

fa54f485.jpg

Another Cutlass owner :D . These are very nice cars and also very reliable! I always wanted a vert, but the weather ruins at least half of the year up here :x . I have the same color as the one you had just purchased.

Welcome to the board, careful its very addicting.

my home page is not w-body either, Shaners your color is called Medium Quasar Blue Metalic

Thanks... sometimes it's blue and sometimes it's teal. It's not the color that I thought it was going to be (I bought it sight unseen), but it is an attractive color!!!

This car was on Ebay and I was the high bidder, but it didn't make the reserve. I bought it for less than the reserve after talking with the owner. I rode Amtrak to NJ from Western PA and we did our thing and I drove the car home.

I have every receipt for the car since it was new and feel comfortable that the car was well maintained.

I had to put rear brakes on it to pass PA inspection (I figured that I might have to do this), otherwise it passed with flying colors and everything works including all the light bulbs.

I even have a "Brand New Boot" for the car that I understand is a rather pricy GM item... along with a new GM rt rr taillamp that was chipped and new Olds floor mats.

This car has a great "snarl" from the dual exhausts when it is running!!! Overall I'm very pleased with the car...

I just pulled the invoice from my paper work (yes invoice - not sticker) and it calls the car (43B7) "Bright Aqua" with Graphite leather.

The option RPO's on the car are: 3WT67,B84,C49,GX3,JL9,LH0,US7,UT6,WJ7,1SC for a total of $25,901.00 including the $505.00 destination.