SlowShowGP31's exhaust clip(3100) link to video inside

mfewtrail

http://www.members.aol.com/platjblser/vids_exhaustclips/SlowShows94GPclip.avi

Hope you don't mind that I'm whoring out your clip here and at clubgp J' :wink: :lol: ..just wanna let everyone here how different setups sound. his setup is stock cat, a resonator, then 2.5'' piping afterwards that branches into 2.25'' and then into dual resonated tips(just read about his setup again to make sure). Enjoy, and let me know if the clip stops working/doesn't work. It's a .avi and should play in Windows media player as well as some other players..if you can't play the file, update your codecs :wink:

correction to the above..this was his old setup w/ 2.5'' from the cat back w/ 4'' tips(don't know if they were resonated or not)...now he needs to get a clip of his new setup to compare :wink:

Oh the sounds of a pushrod! I love it! Sounds like my old 2.8L Beretta!

Awesome stuff... IIRC, the 'tings' go away after the exhaust system is at running temp, correct?

- Erik

I believe Justin said it sounds a lot better after warmed up...like most systems tend to do, mine on the 93 is loud as shit on cold startup/idle..but it never tings/pops/etc...

:lol: Thanks Matt. You had to revise the setup over here too huh?? The old system with 2.5" pipe and the big-ass cheap MONZA big-bore resonated tips sucked. They popped all the damn time. After it got to operating temps it mellowed out a little and didn't pop near as much.....until I downshifted or tried to rev it way up into the RPM's.

My new set-up as Matt said is a resonator right behind the cat into 2.5" piping that y's into 2.25" piping back to dual outlet resonated ANSA tips. No more popping and a much smoother deeper tone. I'll try and get a new clip of it sometime......but with the cold weather here now, I just dont' have the motivation. :wink:

:lol: Thanks Matt. You had to revise the setup over here too huh?? The old system with 2.5" pipe and the big-ass cheap MONZA big-bore resonated tips sucked. They popped all the damn time. After it got to operating temps it mellowed out a little and didn't pop near as much.....until I downshifted or tried to rev it way up into the RPM's.

My new set-up as Matt said is a resonator right behind the cat into 2.5" piping that y's into 2.25" piping back to dual outlet resonated ANSA tips. No more popping and a much smoother deeper tone. I'll try and get a new clip of it sometime......but with the cold weather here now, I just dont' have the motivation. :wink:

You have to try and motivate yourself, because I'm planning on doing my exhaust this spring and want to here a 3100 with the right stuff! I like the way your older setup sounded, but the popping would bother me. So take your camcorder out there and hook us up! :P