Flowmaster 40's

93CutlassSupreme

When you say 40's I would assume that you mean more than one, as in your going to add a dual exhuast setup. If thats not the case it should be a simple matter of cutting off the old muffler's and fitting the correct pipe diameter 40's (2" I think) onto the car and securing it with a clamp. If not, then you'll need a y pipe and another couple sections of pipe to make the dual configuration work, and since thats a lot of new joints welding skills may come in handy.

Chances are, you will have to modify or make a bracket to hold the muffler up. Make sure you get the right size muffler and it should slide on, either weld or clamp. Get it hung and youll be blowing in no time.

ya its easy i had them on my car it was one of my 6 differnet exhaust systems on it. any auto parts store will sell you a hanger for the muffler that wil bolt around the exhaust like a clamp. that what i used to hold it up

ya its easy i had them on my car it was one of my 6 differnet exhaust systems on it. any auto parts store will sell you a hanger for the muffler that wil bolt around the exhaust like a clamp. that what i used to hold it up

Are you talking about those straps that wrap around the muffler? If so, those are the worst things ever made, they last one winter before rusting through. I have went through a few on my old car, same with a friend of mine on his GA.

My Flowmaster 40 bolted right up to the stock exhaust hangers with very little, if any (I don't remember exactly) modifications. The only custom work that had to be done was a little special bending of the tail pipe so my tips would be where I wanted them.

My 40's were welded. Only, because were I live were are not suppose to work on cars. :bs: So I just had the muffler shop do it and the welded them.

Off the topic, but how can they stop you from working on your car? As long as it's on your own property.....

when the car is up on jackstands when i'm changing the rear brakes saturday i will measure the muffler and see if flowmaster makes one the same size.

my muffler is bolted on, not welded, therefore i am assuming it isn't a very hard swap correct me if i am wrong please

i know how to weld, but i don't have any welding equipment, so i will just use a clamp to secure the muffler to the exhaust pipe, like my current stock muffler is set up

yes auto shops will sell clamps hangers and pipes. Some will stock more than others so you have to look and ask where you decide to go. No big deal though im sure any store will get you what you need.