NEW CAR PICS!!! *LOTS OF PICTURES*

92turboLE

Ok, so took the prix on a photo shoot yesterday on my way to work...

the new cluster:

cluster.jpg

front right veiw:

fr2.jpg

New Headlights (glass, not yellowed plastic):

headlight.jpg

Left Rear veiw:

lr2.jpg

right rear:

rr1.jpg

side shot:

rt_side.jpg

New seats:

seats2.jpg

pass_seat.jpg

middle.jpg

what do you think???

- Justin

I wish we could get the middle part of the light bar in glass. It would sweet. The glass headlights, a lot better, but with the plastic middle, it looks a little weird. Maybe use the pre-full light bar front bumper?!?!

NICE Seats!!!!!

Yeah, i like them, the seats, seatbelts, center console, new rear deck and speaker grilles, front upper center console - all for under $30 at the junkyard. I wanted the fronts but they were destroyed. i may go and get them as the junkyard is running a special right now with all bucket seats, $4.99 - that way, if i cant get them repaired, im ony out $10.

Dude where is that spoiler from? I saw that same one on a Cutlass Supreme a few weeks ago and loved it.

LOL, its actually off of an Integras GSR. Surprisingly, the lines are PERFECT. it is perfectly contoured with the curve of the trunk...

the only problem with the spoiler is that the mounting bolts are so far out on the side that where you have to drill the holes is right where the weather stripping for the trunk is so you have to drill them then come up with a way to plug them afte ryou bolt it down so that water doesnt go pouring into your trunk (found that out the hard way).

- Justin

:shock: $5 for a seat?!? oh man I wish I lived around there. Last time I checked for bucket seats here, they want $80 a piece.

Yeah that spoiler.. I was at a party a few weeks ago in another town and drove by a CS in the parking lot with that exact same spoiler. It looked perfect on them. Now I'm gonna have to buy one.

I got mine for free - i was at this body shop a while ago with my buddy and his wrecked bug (65) and it was in the dumpster attatched to a crushed rear hatch... dude said i could have it... so imma go back there and rummage through all the bad parts and see if there is anything i can use ! lol

actually, i can get someone a full set of front and rear seats just like those (fronts arent power though) that are tan cloth for probly under $50 for the whole thing, maybe. The car i got the new cluster out of has the 2+2 buckets. I would have taken them but i want matching leather and tan seats look like shit in a black interior car.

- Justin

I just bought a set off ebay for $75.. out of a '95 coupe I think. I got both front and rear seats.. which isn't a bad deal at all.. but the price doubled when I had them shipped. :?

You have one of the cleanest looking 4 door prix's of that year! Now if you can only do some custom fabrication for us 2 door Supreme owners :wink: .

I should be the one rigging this shit up since my job is fabrication to where you get licensed as a journeymen! :shock:

You have one of the cleanest looking 4 door prix's of that year! Now if you can only do some custom fabrication for us 2 door Supreme owners :wink: .

I should be the one rigging this shit up since my job is fabrication to where you get licensed as a journeymen! :shock:

HAHAHA, i am too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my car. I am sooo anal bout it being clean ALL the time - well, outside anyway. inside turns into a shithole about once every 2 weeks then i have to clean it, but usually i do a FULL detail about once a month (weather permitting) and hand wax and polish, clean door jambs, take the seats completely out and clean them, steam clean all the carpet. I am probly too anal about it considering it is a 92 GP with 230,XXX miles, but hey, 6 months ago, i was about to take it to the crusher, and since then, it has kinda become my pride and joy cuz i did EVERYTHING myself.

- Justin

Damn Justin...until now, I've thought of 4-door 1st Gen Grand Prix's as somewhat uninspiring cars, but wow...your car is incredible.

I think the best solution to the yellowed light bar is to buy a new one. I've just remembered, however, that the '87-'88 Cougar had plastic headlights that got yellow with age. The Cougar god at coolcats.net had a procedure for making your yellow plastic lights clear again. I will go there and look for that procedure, and post a link to it.

I like! I like! question tho how did you end up with black interior?

I thought they came with only grey and tan until later.

paint?

to fix the center light bar problem I just removed it.

better flow to the radiator. I'm going to make a grill with mesh or something later on.

another thing would be to take 4 headlight covers and cut the edge off of two of them and glue them together so you have a big black light bar. would be cool looking.

marcus

I usually am not a fan of the 4 doors but you have one clean car I have to say. I love that spoiler excellent choice, I may have to get one myself it looks 10x better than the stock GTP spoiler which looks very tacked on in my opinion.