body side molding removal

patgizz

how do i remove the black and red body side molding from my doors and fenders without ruining the paint? heat lamp?

when i took the emblems off the trunk they just kinda peeled off in a warm day and wiped the glue off with goof off. but the body moldings seem on there REALLY good. i know when i did my truck the paint came off with some, but it was in considerably worse condition.

On my 89' GP the trim on the doors has a bunch of clips on it. I know this 'cause some fag hit me awhile back and the side moldings are coming off and it looks like a bunch of white clips.

on the luminas it is adhesive, be very careful, i did mine when i knew it was going in for paint so i hacked them off, but it was still hard as hell. I'd wait till the middle of the summer and wait until you have a full day to do it so u can take your time and use some cleaner to take off the adhesive. Fishing line is too weak and it hurts your hands, i even tried it with a few pegs to wrap it around. Just get a putty knife wrapped in a cloth of some type and get a edge up and then continue on from there.

What are you going to do about the molding in the bumper covers? It'll look all wierd, OH BTW it'll have a nice tinny sound to the door after you remove that strip, i am going to dynamat my doors in the spring because of it. Just a word of wisdom, WAIT TILL IT"S HOT AS SHIT OUT so u don't jack your paint. Later Jay