Door Marks

runt

Alright, so some kid hit the pass. side of my car today with his door. It is on the rear quarter panel. So what can I used to try and get it out? It's on the clear coat and didn't leave any dents. I alreayd tried to rub it off with my finger, and I kinda got some of it off. But is there any type of product that works for this.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Megwires Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner (part 1 of 3) will do the jobe nicely with a little bit of elbow grease.

if that doesnt work, you might want to try wet sanding with 2000 grit then polishing out with megwires paint cleaner and deep crystal poslish (2 of 3)

- Justin

do it now, I have this tube called Scratch X, can't remember who makes it maybe Meguiars, it is so badass, it works damn good, one time a suburban went over my front bumper and scuffed it good, I thought I was going to cry. I used that stuff and I can't even tell. You just rub it on real good with a clean wet cloth, wait till dries and then buff off to a nice shine. in a black tube with red lettering on it.

I use lacquer thinner to remove the other car's paint. Then hand-buff with 3M Fill & Glaze. If it's still visible, I break out the buffer and polishing compound. If there are any texture or depth to the scratch, but it's not through the paint, I pull out some 2000-grit sandpaper and wetsand the area till it's smooth, hand buff with 3M Fill & Glaze, and finish off with the buffer and polishing compound. I had a really bad scuff mark on my truck... whatever hit it was thrown into the truck during a tornado and made a huge dent. However, I sanded and buffed out the scuff mark just like I described and was REALLY impressed with the results. Insurance adjuster thought that entire panel would need repainted, but now all it needs is a little PDR.

Excellent! If I can get my damn homework done (yeah it's the week before finals!) I'm gonna go to town and pick up some products and see what works. Maybe I'll pull it in the garage and wash it up and then work on that scratch. Yeah...that'd be cool...if not, it's gonna happen soon, I'll post results!

Jeremy

good luck on that scuff! Is there any tricks on getting out small door dings? My passenger door has about 3 of them! :twisted:

I hear that! I've considered one of those things that they sell on TV that will pull them out, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna mess up the clear coat on the car and I don't want that!

good luck on that scuff! Is there any tricks on getting out small door dings? My passenger door has about 3 of them! :twisted:

I hear that! I've considered one of those things that they sell on TV that will pull them out, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna mess up the clear coat on the car and I don't want that!

That TV stuff never works. I bought the leather repair kit that is advertised on TV and it worked like ass, made it look worst :roll: .