Block Heater

jeffcanada

Is there a block heater available/that will work on my 92 GP STE? If so, where can I get it, and do I have to do any special mods to hook one up? It is starting to get cold here, and though the DOHC warms up pretty fast I'd like to have one for really cold nights/mornings.

Call NAPA auto parts. They use a company that makes the best block heaters on the market and also tell you the proper placement. I forgot who they are at the moment...sorry. I put one in my 87 GT Turbo Sunbird and the 1990 TGP and never had an issue with them leaking or not working. Easy install (once the freeze plug was out), but be very careful and not do like I did with the Sunbird...they are torqued to inch pounds...NOT FOOT POUNDS!! :lol:

Awesome thing to have in the cold climates... 8)

ps...they make them for just about every motor out there.

Some block heaters connects to your radiator.

Wouldn't that be called a radiator heater? How would that work to warm the block?

I used to hate NAPA, but the NAPA's around Colorado Springs are brand new and the truck and auto centers so they have a huge parts stock. There are some real pricks at one of the NAPA's here...but have a guy I use at another who is a really good guy and does research if the POS NAPA computer says it isn't there or available before he sends me away... 8)