QUICK QUESTON for 88-94 Cutty owners...

gmrulz4u

For those 88-94 Cutlass owners whom have the Electronic Climate Controls, does the white lettering on the face that spells "ELECTRONIC CLIMATE CONTROL" light-up when the interior lights are turned on?

I bought a New one back in June. Tonight on my way home I noticed that all the buttons were lit-up, but the part that say "ELECTRONIC CLIMATE CONTROL" was not at all? Maybe I'm just losing it, but I could have sworn it used to light-up as well!?

If not, I appologize for wasting your time!:)

If so, is it possible to replace the bulbs that are inside the ECC unit??

THANKS!:)

OK good...I have no idea why tonight I all-of-a-sudden was thinking "hey, didn't that used to light-up?"...

I find it strange that it doesn't though...I guess there was not enough room in-behind there or something?

THANKS BRIAN!:)

It can't light up, that writing is just silkscreened on.

It does light up on the Olds Ninety Eight climate controls which are almost identical in appearance but very different electrically.

It can't light up, that writing is just silkscreened on.

Yeah, I understand now.

I guess I just thought it would have because it seems that EVERYTHING else that has white lettering does light-up green. For example, the lettering on the power window, lock, mirror controls does, the E/M, RESET, and TRIP on the cluster dash does, the power lumbar seat control does, all the stock radio buttons do etc.

I used to not have any of those little things light-up until this past summer when Brian P told me that I had a faulty Head Light Switch. After replacing it, I was amazed at how many things actually lit-up!! I never would have thought that half-the-stuff actually illuminated!

:)