Small metal line coming from top of rad?????

GRANDFURY

Car is a 2.8 89' GP At the top of the rad there is a small metal line that runs down and under the engine. Any idea what this is sorry there is no pics but it almost looks like a tranny coolant line?? anyways it seems to be the 'cuase of my leak......or at least I think so it is the only wet hose and that is where it drips from so it must be it. Thanx guys.

Thanx I should get that checked eh. Is it hard to replaced ? the fittings seem curroded.

Depends on what's wrong... hopefully it's not cross-threaded.

If so, you may have to replace the radiator and / or the tranny cooler line.

Depending on year of car, the tranny line could be very easy or very hard to replace.

Have a long look at it and see if the tranny line can be replaced with minimal effort... I'd check that first.

- Erik

I just took a better look and it seems that after it goes down a about 4-6 inchs it has a clamp then it goes to plastic it looks like and the fluid is all around the clamp area so theres a place to start aleast. The car is a '89 GP with the 2.8l auto. Thanx for the help tough guys. 8)

I was just thinking dont the Tranny coolant lines have tranny fluid in them? And if so why is mine appearing to leak coolant? I know it is just coolant because it is green and only smells like coolant and my tranny fluid is nice and red and has no burnt smell or anything. I'm pretty sure it is the coolant lines for the tranny my hyanes manual even says so . But is there another rad hose around there? The haynes manual says only the lower rad hose but the driping is cooming above that but below the upper rad hose, which was just replaced in June :shock: I dont have a cam so I cant take any pics but I cant explain it any better and it has me baffled.

Yes, the tranny cooler line have transmission fluid in them. Is the coolant leaking out of the hose or from the fitting? If you spotting coolant, then the radiator could be cracked and therefore you are seeing the leak. But, double check everything first; including hoses, fittings, the works!

- Erik

Stupid me. When I installed the upper rad hose I didn't put it on properly the clamp was over the little nipple causeing a slow leak so that was easy to fix. Thanx for the help guys. 8)