hood release cable

per0781

I did mine a little while back. Remove the fans and radiator to get at the routing easier, along with the battery and move the cruise control. Before you pull it out, tie a string to it or pull the broken metal cable part out and tie it to the end of the new cable. The firewall will require silicone to make it seal well once you get it in place. It will run along the driver side fender/frame area, and inside the car it will run under the e brake cable. Its not too hard really, but its not the easiest thing to do from the amount of crap you gotta pull. You also need to pull the carpet up obviously.

Its not too hard really, but its not the easiest thing to do from the amount of crap you gotta pull.

Yeah ure telling me. I just got done about 10 minutes ago. And what do I have to show for the job? 2 scraped knuckles and a lower back that hurts a lot. Anyways it's done.

i didnt have to remove anything.... and mine snapped in the middle of a damn blizzard when i tried to open my hood to jump it. I spend an hour on my back in the snow trying to figure out how to open my hood (not that hard when your actually pulling on the right thing)

the cable itself took me about 15 minutes. I think the hardest part was taking out the interior peices in the way.

- Justin